Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project i bought the Pie 3 stuck on color splash screen

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    dennild
    Participant

Hey so i have been wanting to get a Emulator for some time now and wanted to go buy a Pi2 today but they had the pi 3 and it was faster and had bulitin WIFI and bluetooth so i got that one instead.

Now im sitting here not beeing able to get retropie installed since im stuck at the Multicolored splash screen. anyone have an idea how to fix it?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

I will likely need updating with the latest firmware first. you could try installing retropie-setup from binary on top of raspbian though in the meantime (or use another rpi to update the image)

petrockblog
    Keymaster

they were only released today, so expect to wait until at least one of the devs has one :-)

dennild
    Participant

yea i know, i was hoping it would just be a config thingy that needed to be changed. You never know :)

i wanted to install it from the NOOB image but the Wifi card does not work in that part of the boot it seems. I will try and install it they way you mentioned in the first post. Where do i find a guide on that?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

on the wiki

dennild
    Participant

k thanks

petrockblog
    Keymaster

if you hold on an hour ill put an image up for testing.

dennild
    Participant

Sure :)

petrockblog
    Keymaster

try this https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_knGioK16E6NkNNZU9ycWxMOEk

if it doesn’t work it will have to wait until my pi3 arrives.

dennild
    Participant

seems to work im in the menu now. only need to install all the emulators now then :)

Thanks alot and i hope you get your device tomorrow :)

petrockblog
    Keymaster

the emulators are already installed. You just need to copy the roms etc.

sledde
    Participant

Hello buzz
    I have tested your file and it worked. Thanks a lot for the help!

/sledde

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote=118617]try this https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_knGioK16E6NkNNZU9ycWxMOEk

if it doesn’t work it will have to wait until my pi3 arrives.

[/quote]

What’s different in this image that makes it boot with Pi 3?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

it has been updated with the latest raspbian packaged firmware (sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get dist-upgrade)

dennild
    Participant

Would the controlblock work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

foldedpencil
    Participant

[quote=118651]it has been updated with the latest raspbian packaged firmware (sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get dist-upgrade)

[/quote]

Do you have any idea how the system specific settings will work when transferring to the new system, such as the overclock options found in the RetroPie config? Should I return to the normal clock setting before moving to the Pi3?

Also, does anyone know the differences between the Pi1 image and the P2 image. Should I anticipate a similarly differentiated Pi3 image in the future that would offer better stability or performance over a Pi2 image updated from the repositories?

kahnindustries
    Participant

Tried a dist upgrade and still didn’t get past coloured splash screen

Will keep trying

tboheeren
    Participant

Good news I got it going with the build buzz shared on google drive. You can find a first test on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ISHhOsHy64.
    Sorry for the bad video quality

Karoi
    Participant

[quote=118802]Good news I got it going with the build buzz shared on google drive. You can find a first test on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ISHhOsHy64.
    Sorry for the bad video quality

[/quote]

You beat me to it, haha. I’m receiving my RPi3 today. Will be able to install and hook it up and capture the signal via my Elgato HD60 when I get home from work (which is over 5 hours or so).

I might make the video anyway, because it’s fun to do but nice to see that it’s working. Can’t wait to try it for myself. I’m starting with a new blank SD, the .img file from the above link and a new rom collection. I did fullsets but I don’t play them all so I will be selective this time.

EDIT: I hope my English is understandable. It’s not my native language, Dutch is actually.

sledde
    Participant

There is a new version of retropie so you might try that one instead:

RetroPie 3.6 is Released

Anonymous
    Inactive

Should the binary based update take me from 3.5 to 3.6? It doesn’t seem to be working that’s all

.. and when I manually try to update raspbian on 3.5 via ‘sudo apt-get update’ I’m still only seeing Wheezy

EDIT: I did the below on my 3.5 image and it finally boots!

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    sudo rpi-update
    sudo reboot

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.