Homepage Forums RetroPie Project GPIO Adapter, ControlBlock etc. I am a noob, Mayflash Gamecube Controller adapter?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kapnin
    Participant

I am waiting for my raspberry pi to ship, and am getting all of the things I need to prepare. I was hoping I would be able to use a Mayflash gamecube to usb adapter, but I have never seen one from the research I have been doing. If that does happen to work, since it has two Gamecube inputs and one usb output, would it be able to use two controllers? If not, I’ll just order two snes controllers and try to play smash 64 :P

ceuse
    Participant

i use both Mayflash Snes and N64 controller Adapters (or Huijia usb gamepad as its called by Linux).
    Dont see a reason why the Gamecube one shouldt work. Basicly all Buttons get recognised out of the box just have to configure the keymapping for Retroarch.

Edit : also 2 Players work aswell. just have to configure via the Retroarch with
    cd /opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/tools
    sudo ./retroarch-joyconfig -j 0 -p 1 >> /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg
    sudo ./retroarch-joyconfig -j 1 -p 2 >> /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

kapnin
    Participant

Since the N64 controller works, does the c stick on it work? Cause I am mostly going to use it for N64 games, and that is pretty important for that.

ceuse
    Participant

yep works like a charm. mupen64plus uses a diffrent controll set as above, and it worked out of the box with the n64 controller adapter. you might have to reassign some of the buttons on a gc controller but defently doable

happysuggs
    Participant

Hi there,

I’ve got the Mayflash (HuiJia) n64 to USB adapter, which I’ve been trying to use on retropie. I did as ceuse said and tried to configure the controllers for retroarch with the above console commands, but it only allowed me to do the configuration with one of the controllers.

After that, when I ran any ROM each controller worked for initial selection things (where normally only player 1 would have control) and as soon as both players had controller, the second controller was unresponsive.

So I’m not sure I can say that I’m confident about the Mayflash adapter, unless someone can point out my mistakes?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘GPIO Adapter, ControlBlock etc.’ is closed to new topics and replies.