- KeiganParticipant02/01/2016 at 19:15Post count: 52
I’ve searched high and low and have no luck finding any help on taking a screen shot of Emulation Station. I hate taking a photo of my screen, and a screen shot would help me so much more if there were small layout issues.
Can someone please tell me how to get a screen shot of Emulation Station, preferably on Windows. I use this to set up my themes before uploading them onto the pie.
Thanks in advance.ziguranaParticipant02/01/2016 at 19:39Post count: 101
There are probably many ways, but I use raspi2png (look for it on github)
1) Start RetroPie / EmulationStation on its own screen. And get to the screen you want to ehh, shoot.
2) use ssh to get to a terminal
3) go to the directory where raspi2png was installed (my case: home/raspi2png)
4) run ./raspi2png -p usefullfilename.png
5) use winscp to copy the bew file over to pc
Send from mobile, please excuse any brevity and typos.KeiganParticipant02/01/2016 at 20:03Post count: 52
Thanks for the post.
I know this site is typically for RetroPie and not just Emulation Station, however my main issue with that is I want to do this through Windows. I have my setup identical to my pie so using the portable version of Emulation Station I can make quick edits and without uploading to my Pie I can tweak anything I need to.
Also I do a lot of editing at work, so I was hoping for a Windows way versus a Pie way since I don’t have my Pie with me.
Thanks again I will definitely use this way on my Pie.herbfargusMember02/01/2016 at 20:35Post count: 1858
On windows you can prntscrn and then paste Into Ginp or something equivalent or if it doesn’t show in full screen you can start emulationstation in a windowed mode.
Explained on this video:
- The forum ‘Emulation Station Themes’ is closed to new topics and replies.