Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project How to map a arcade style joystick to retro-pi

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jpowers
    Participant

I am still green to the raspberry pi. I am reading a bit on how to add arcade style joysticks to the retro-pi using the GPIO. Simple question. WHen adding buttons and or joystick, the signal being sent from the pi back to the pi via GPIO the 3v+. 5v+ or -. IE when I press a button I am sending a negative or positive signal back to a GPIO pin. I think I have a good reference on how to achive this, but the diagram of GPIO only shows the Positive pins. But it references a common ground to use for all buttons and joysticks. This confused me a bit. If I am sending a negative signal back to the GPIO via the joystick or switch. Which pin should I use?

Roo
    Participant

You connect the positive pin and the common ground to the (normally open) switch. When it is closed, the Pi will see that the circuit was shorted and register the input.

Does that answer your question?

osnoogie
    Participant
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.