Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! How to change the quit key & what have I done to X

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rdp837
    Participant

Hello,

Finally found time to tinker with RetroPie (modded most of an old iCade (still needs paint and marque art) over a year ago and haven’t had much time since).
    Is there a simple way (i.e. complete Linux noob) to change quitting the emulators from being start+select back to escape?
    Also after installing RetroPi on Raspbian startx just gives me a black screen is this normal? (I’ll try a reinstall just in case I’ve accidentally stuffed something up, again.)
    Also I don’t seem to have any sound in emulationstation but the emulators sound fine.

Thanks for RetroPie and for any help you can give.

R.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

you can use the hotkey configuration under supplementary menu – see https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/retro-pie-3-exiting-games/#post-104692

there is no desktop environment installed. startx opens with a terminal at the top left, which is by design. You can install a desktop environment if you need one (this has also been answered before – search the forum for “startx”)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.