Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project How to change js0/js1/js2 and so on?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    malacai
    Participant

Hi there!

i have 2 nes controllers hocked on to gpio. and it works great. controllers showing as js0 and js1.

and now to the problem.

when i hook on 2 usb snes controllers, those 2 controllers is js0/js1 ann my nes controllers is js2/js3.

is there a way to ‘FORCE’ my nes controllers to be js0/js1?

and big thx for an awsome image! RETROPIE

/malacai

trimmtrabb
    Participant

Depends which emulators you are using but for the Retroarch emulators edit /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg and specify which pads are which players e.g. to use js3 for player 1:

input_player1_joypad_index = 3

malacai
    Participant

Hey and thx for the reply.. yeh i have done so. but since i dont always want those usb controllers to be inserted.

the only thing to do is some kind of .rules, since im not that good in linux but it should look something like:

KERNEL==”js?”,ATTRS{name}==”DragonRise Inc. Generic USB Joystick “,ATTRS{phys}==”usb-0000:00:1d.0-2.1/input0″,NAME=”input/js2″
    KERNEL==”js?”,ATTRS{name}==”DragonRise Inc. Generic USB Joystick “,ATTRS{phys}==”usb-0000:00:1d.0-2.4/input0″,NAME=”input/js3”

white-elephant
    Participant

malacai,

I seem to be trying to build the same configuration,
    did you find a solution?

white-elephant
    Participant
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.