Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Help getting mame working with USB controllers in retropie

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    juan9999
    Participant

I’m having an issue with two retrolink usb controllers (USB N64 controllers) in mame

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Retro-Bit-N64-8 … =Retro-Bit

Everything on the two usb controllers working with emulator station and retroarch EXCEPT for the analogue joystick.

In mame, I have the opposite problem, I can get everything working EXCEPT for the d-pad controls – i.e. analogue and other buttons work fine.

HELP!!!!

juan9999
    Participant

update- migrating from 2.3 to 2.5 did not change anything…

evilllama
    Participant
    labelwhore
    Participant

Using Xbox 360 controllers, I had to initiate the xboxdrv with –dpad-as-button to get the dpad to work in mame. You’ll probably need something similar.

juan9999
    Participant

“Silly question, did you hit TAB on the keyboard and change the settings like in the video from Floob?”

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did, and was able to program all the other buttons

juan9999
    Participant

[quote=87844]xboxdrv with –dpad-as-button to get the dpad to work in mame. You’ll probably need something similar.[/quote]

Interesting- where is that configured/setup?

labelwhore
    Participant

with the xbox 360 controller, you just need to start the driver with –dapad-as-button, so in rc.local like this:

xboxdrv --trigger-as-button --dapad-as-button --id 0 --led 2 --deadzone 4000 --silent &

Since it sounds like you’re using a controller other than an xbox 360 controller, this exact setup won’t work for you. What I was getting as is that you’ll somehow need to trick MAME into thinking it’s receiving button input.

juan9999
    Participant

[quote=87977]with the xbox 360 controller, you just need to start the driver with –dapad-as-button, so in rc.local like this:

xboxdrv --trigger-as-button --dapad-as-button --id 0 --led 2 --deadzone 4000 --silent &

Since it sounds like you’re using a controller other than an xbox 360 controller, this exact setup won’t work for you. What I was getting as is that you’ll somehow need to trick MAME into thinking it’s receiving button input.
    [/quote]

Thanks, let me keep digging!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.