Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    drokkster
    Participant

Hi All

Well i managed to get the retropie image installed to the SD card. I copied roms onto a USB stick and inserted into Pi and all the games appeared in retropie fine. I ran the retropie script, got the scraper working and also got the xbox 360 (official wired) pad working but there are some things I am still struggling with.

1) Although the controller works fine with all the emulators, How do i configure the controller for individual emulators? Does this involve editing the retrocharch.cfg file in the relevant emulator folder?

2) As already mentioned the official 360 controller is detected and is working fine, however i cannot get the LED to stop flashing. I have tried various edits of the rclocal file changing LED etc. I have also tried with a wireless controller (after changing id to wid) and again, it works but LED is flashing.

3) What is the best video render for PSX? i think mine is set to GL. Also filtering is set to ‘Linear’ which seems to be performing some form of AA. ‘nearest’ looks sharpest but much more blocky. Is there any way to improve the image quality of the PSX emulator?

4) I can start the PSX emulator fine but get the yellow text ‘Bios not found..expect’ message. I have put the file schp1001.bin in the /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores folder and its also in the roms\psx folder (filename is in lowercase).
    Any ideas? What problem will be caused by the psx emu not detecting the bios (if any).

Thanks for Listening and big thanks to everyone involved in these EMU’s and retropie. Brilliant work.

Mutex
    Participant

1) Although the controller works fine with all the emulators, How do i configure the controller for individual emulators? Does this involve editing the retrocharch.cfg file in the relevant emulator folder?

That depends on the emulator you are using. Only the retroarch cores will use the retroarch.cfg files in the different folders. Most other emulators (mame4all-pi, pifba, gpsp, etc.) use their own config files. Check the folders in RetroPie/emulators/ for the different config files.

4) I can start the PSX emulator fine but get the yellow text ‘Bios not found..expect’ message. I have put the file schp1001.bin in the /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores folder and its also in the roms\psx folder (filename is in lowercase).
    Any ideas? What problem will be caused by the psx emu not detecting the bios (if any).

I think Retroarch looks in the Bios folder for the different system bios. You can either change the config or move the bios in that folder. Check the retroarch.cfg for the specific folder.

I don’t have a xbox controller so i have no idea about that.

RetroMarine
    Participant

I just typed: system_directory = /home/pi/RetroPie/BIOS in retroarch.cfg for the PSX ….. scph1001.bin is the bios that should go in the BIOS folder….my PSX games work like a champ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drokkster
    Participant

Thanks RetroMarine

Where is the main retroarch.cfg stored? I can see this file only within the individual emulator folders (and its empty)

hacha-dorada
    Participant

[quote=6446]Thanks RetroMarine

Where is the main retroarch.cfg stored? I can see this file only within the individual emulator folders (and its empty)

[/quote]

It is in RetroPie/configs/all/

trimmtrabb
    Participant

If you put a seperate retroarch.cfg in the individual emulator folders that will override the default retroarch.cfg in /configs/all Useful for custom controller mappings

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.