Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Gamesdb down any alternatives for scraping

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    demies
    Participant

Hi I’m very new to these forums and to retropie and Linux itself so please bear with me.
    It appears gamesdb will be down until they find new hosting which is a very sad event because their service was amazing.
    It appears that sselphs scraper works with gamesdb databases so that’s not working either.
    Using emulationstation there is an option to use the archive but that doesn’t work at all atleast through emulationstation.
    I have seen there is a way to use CRC which I don’t even know what that is and it uses Python script which I can’t figure out how to use and it says it searches through various databases.
    Can someone explain to me how to use this CRC and Python script or suggest any good alternatives.
    Thank you for all your help it is very appreciated

lilbud
    Participant

I have been asking about consolegrid, it is for emulated games on steam. But it could work
    https://consolegrid.com

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

demies
    Participant

I’m sorry lilbud again I am very new and I have no idea what you are trying to say I checked out consolegrid and it appears to have alot of artwork but no other metadata and I looked at steam and that seams to be a service like retropie. Is consolegrid a scraper for steam? If so does it gather metadata or just artwork and does it create a file where it saves it all ie an XML file like emulationstation does?
    Thank you I do appreciate your help and again I am very new and frying to figure it out as I go

labelwhore
    Participant

There’s no scraper in steam. Steam is more or less just a storefront.

It sounds like our options are using the Archive, which is excruciatingly slow, or manually editing files for now. GamesDB has hosting issues and it sounds like they will be down for months, if I had to take a guess.

demies
    Participant

I see now what he was getting at that there is an API for consolegrid and could it possibly be added or utilized by emulationstation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.