Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mhillis
    Participant

Every time I try to run a GBA game I get a this response “Sorry, but gpSP requires a Gameboy Advance BIOS image to run correctly…” I have looked and found other posts about this but I cant seem to find the bios file.

If anyone could help me out or point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

ps. im using retropi 2.3

trimmtrabb
    Participant
    proxycell
    Participant

hi mhillis, when you see that error screen asking you to get the BIOS. look for the md5 value, try to write it down or at least most of it and you can try googling for that and you will find plenty of information

mhillis
    Participant

Is there an easier way of moving files around then in the shell, I am new to linux and i have seen that github link but i was having trouble even finding the gba_bios.bin

proxycell
    Participant

ok, so you found it the bios you need right?

good

i you just have a keyboard plugged into the pi?
    you should connect your pi to your LAN, I have a macbook pro and connect my pi directly to that via ethernet. i then connect in using an “SFTP” program. you can search for one like FileZilla. These programs will let you connect to your pi and manipulate files in a much more user friendly way

mhillis
    Participant

Ok so i downloaded filezilla and found this link http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=78204 because i couldnt find the gba_bios.bin file i downloaded the file the guy in that thread linked and when i try to transfer the gpsp file into /opt/retropie/emulators/gpsp/raspberrypi it fails? i heard i may need to check my permissions how do i go about doing that.

ps. thank you you have been super helpfull so far.

mhillis
    Participant

I apologize I was trying to move the whole folder into the /opt/retropie/emulators/gpsp/raspberrypi but I just needed to move the bios file. I guess it helps when I use my brain. It now WORKS.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. You have been a big help and I have learned a lot. Now if only someone can figure out how to make the n64 emulator work lol.

again thank you so much and have a nice turkey day.

chito
    Participant

Ive just started fresh with a new 2.4.2 image
    i cant find where to put the bios…

the folder
    /opt/retropie/emulators/gpsp
    is there but… there is no subdirectory
    raspberrypi/

has the location for where the bios needs to be changed?

gizmo98
    Participant

The bios needs to be in the same path as gpsp. So but it in /opt/retropie/emulators/gpsp.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.