Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Is there a way to show a complete ROM name for a game? So instead of seeing “X-Men vs Street Fighter”, I can see “X-Men vs Street Fighter (961004 USA)”?

patl
    Participant

You can manually edit the gamelist.xml
    or you press “select” in the Emulationstation menu and select “edit this game’s metadata”. Here you can edit the name of the game.

labelwhore
    Participant

While that suggestion would certainly work, it’s a lot of trouble when you have somewhere in the neighborhood of 60,000 games.

Is there a way to have the filename show up along with the other info? I like all of the other info the way it is, but having the filename there in addition to all of the other info could help, especially when we need to get rid of undesirable roms.

dlogic
    Participant

Thanks for the help so far. I was able to have AdvanceMAME output an XML file thru the terminal. I found advmame’s gamelist.xml but it only seems to have the games that were recently played and looks nothing like advmame’s XML.:
    ES XML:
    <gameList>
    <game>
    <path>./(name of ZIP)</path>
    <name>(ROM name)</name>
    <playcount>2</playcount>
    <lastplayed>20150507T012742</lastplayed>
    </game>
    </gameList>

Is there another XML file emulationstation uses? or is there a way to implement the advmame XML file somewhere?

EDIT: found this perl script that sorta helps:
    http://webspace.lenscritic.com/mame/README.html

gets close to auditing the ROM’s but not all.

patl
    Participant

In this gamlist.xml are the games metadata saved:
    Example for fba:
    home/pi/.emulationstation/gamelists/fba/gamelist.xml

dlogic
    Participant

think i may have found my own solution. I tried this out and it helped out quite a bit:

https://github.com/sselph/scraper

here’s a video to a sample of the results:

hope this helps out everyone who needed more MAME rom info.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.