Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ruadrim
    Participant

Hi,

First off: thanks for this script! It makes installing emulators on rpi much easier. I appreciate the effort involved in maintaining this script. I tip my hat to you sir!

I noticed that I can get almost everything to work through HDMI, but when I connect my pi to a Tv using composite video out, most of the emulators only send output to the HDMI connector. Setting the “hdmi_ignore_hotplug=1” setting in config.txt to force composite out doesn’t work.

I got most of this stuff to work through composite with the previous versions of the script, so something must have changed in the later versions.

As I’m planning to use this rpi as an emulation box on an old TV through Composite video, I really need this stuff to work. How can I force retroarch (for example, as that’s the base emulator framework for most systems currently) to output to the composite?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Currently, there is a discussion at https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/issues/155 that discusses this issue. If the ideas presented there turn out to be reliable I would go and modify the RetroPie Script accordingly.

Raygan Kelly
    Participant

The solution presented there (changing the 1s to 2s in the emulationstation config file) fixed composite video for me for all the emulators I have tried, except for dgen. So far I can’t figure out what I need to change there to get a picture. When I launch it I can hear sound but see a black screen.

ruadrim
    Participant

Correct, this fixed the problem.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.