Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    necoigne
    Participant

Hey guys,
    This is my second retropie project that I’ve done, this one with the pi 2. I’ve got everything set up and running, the one problem I’m running into is editing the retroarch.cfg file to be able to use a hot key to exit the emulators and save/load. I’ve put it in the /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg file, but it doesn’t seem to be doing anything. This is how I have it typed in, which worked for my pi b+

input_enable_hotkey_btn = “8”
    input_exit_emulator_btn = “9”

input_save_state_btn = “4”
    input_load_state_btn = “5”

I’ve tried with and without quotations and even tried it with the # in front of the commands (I’m still quite the beginner and have no idea what that even does). the 8 and 9 are my start and select buttons, I tested it with retroarch-joyconfig to make sure. If it helps I installed debian and then retropie from source. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

brainfrz
    Participant

To be honest, i think the current layout of retroarch.cfg is just a huge clusterf*ck. I couldn’t get the same thing running. Until i found another gamepad config at /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/retroarch.cfg and /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/configs/yourcontrollername.cfg

In the end i removed all controller references from /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/retroarch.cfg and /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg and edited NintendoWiimote.cfg (your config might have another name). After that, i finally got this running the way it should.

Floob

This should answer your hotkey questions – its really pretty clear once you get the hang of mapping what you want.
    Check the other videos there for controller configs (I have a playlist there for that).

brainfrz
    Participant

Thanks, i’ll give that one a look. ’cause the situation i’m in is worse than not knowing why it isn’t working: Not knowing why it ís working :P

smatticus
    Participant

For me the controller buttons appeared as something different in the new image. So start and select were no longer 8+9 but 6+7 instead. Running joyconfig revealed the change in assigned buttons.

Floob

[quote=89292]For me the controller buttons appeared as something different in the new image. So start and select were no longer 8+9 but 6+7 instead. Running joyconfig revealed the change in assigned buttons.[/quote]

Thats right, they (the button codes) will differ depending on the controller you have. They should be the same from image to image though.

necoigne
    Participant

Haven’t had a chance to try these yet, but thank you guys for the suggestions, I’ll update if/when I get it working.

tupadre
    Participant

I have mapped my controller like the video and everything works my emulators except for the Atari 2600 one. The bottom on the joypad work but it will not exit with the hot key. Only the keyboard will exit it. I have checked retroarch.cfg file in the all folder and it seems fine. I also checked the retroach emulator folder and it seems ok. Am I missing something. Is the atari getting its configs somewhere else?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.