Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I just did a binaries based installation and when Emulationstation boots it says “IT LOOKS LIKE YOUR SYSTEMS CONFIGURATION FILE HAS NOT BEEN SETUP OR IS INVALID. YOU’LL NEED TO DO THIS BY HAND , UNFORTUNATELY.”

How do I fix this without writing the entire file by hand? This is my third different RetroPie project and I have never gotten this message before so I am unsure as to what went wrong.

trimmtrabb
    Participant

Sounds like something went wrong with the install, use the RetroPie setup script to re-generate it

barramya

I’m also getting the same issue – went through the 9+ hour install. Got Emulation to start up automatically on boot and getting the error above

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Did you start with a fresh Raspbian image?
    TO get the systems configuration EmulationStation looks into ~/.emulationstation/es_systems.cfg first and then into /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg.

electromaster64
    Participant

I installed it over a previous functioning Raspberry Pi installation. I was hoping it would update to the new looking theme available on the 2.3 SD image. Is there any way to install that configuration file without removing the SD card and starting over? My card is glued inside my project and its gonna be a pain to undo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-Y0iPMKUZI

petrockblog
    Keymaster

As a first try, you can rename the file /home/pi/.emulationstatation/es_systems.cfg to /home/pi/.emulationstatation/es_systems.cfg.backup. In this way, EmulationStation will use the file at /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg, which should have been created during the installation process.

electromaster64
    Participant

I tried to rename the file but it said the file does not exist. Got any other suggestions?

schumacher574
    Participant

I received the same message; fixed it by reviewing my /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg and realizing there was a syntax error.

A comment was incorrect ( <– instead of <!– ). I would look for mismatched brackets or some other syntax issue. Or just paste your es_systems.cfg file here.

caseyjames
    Participant

I got the same message after the bianary update booo!I had 30 gig work of roms loaded just to have it crash.I hope the backup I made works

sleepwalker380
    Participant

I had this same thing happen to me when I tried installing Kodi, I’ve looked for the config file in all the suggested locations but thus far it doesn’t even seem to exist. I’m a first-time pi user so I’m not sure where to go from here.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.