Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello everyone,

I recently installed the Retropie V3.0 Image on my new Raspberry Pi2 and was wondering, if there is no sound at all in Emulationstation? I remember those “clicking” sounds from previous versions. In-game sound just works fine. My raspberry ist connected via HDMI to my computer monitor and I already tried some forcing settings like

hdmi_drive=2
    and
    hdmi_force_hotplug=1
    hdmi_force_edid_audio=1

but without any result. Any ideas?

herbfargus

Last I checked emulationstation doesn’t have any sound.

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote=103879]Last I checked emulationstation doesn’t have any sound.

[/quote]

Ah great. So this is no issue. I was just wondering :)

ekstreme
    Participant

That being said, the Recalbox project has added background music (which are pretty cool tracks) to ES.

I’m no developer so I have no idea how it is done.

herbfargus

Its been added as a request but I doubt it will be added anytime soon- recalbox has done a lot of changes to the emulationstation code, the retropie project has focused more on emulator development.

labelwhore
    Participant

Emulationstation absolutely does have the capability for sounds when scrolling through the list of games. I had it working on 2.3, but have a different theme on 3.0 and haven’t figured out how to make sounds work with the new theme.

All I had to do for 2.3 was to name name my .wav file as coin.wav and drop it into a folder with the rest of the theme files.

*Edit: here are some details that should help get them working. http://emulationstation.org/forum/index.php?topic=6981.msg8745#msg8745

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.