Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Every time I reboot, EmulationStation asks me to configure the bluetooth PS3 Controller. This happens even if the bluetooth connection is made before EmulationStation boots up. Things I’ve tried:

1. I deleted es_input.cfg and let EmulationStation recreate it.

2. I edited es_input.cfg and added the button mappings manually.

Neither of those work. But I have noticed that, while the PS3 controller works in EmulationStation, the es_input.cfg shows a value of “1” for every button. Here are the PS3 configs in my es_input.cfg:

<inputConfig type="joystick" deviceName="Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Controller">
    		<input name="a" type="button" id="13" value="6" />
    		<input name="b" type="button" id="14" value="5" />
    		<input name="down" type="button" id="6" value="2" />
    		<input name="left" type="button" id="7" value="3" />
    		<input name="menu" type="button" id="16" value="7" />
    		<input name="pagedown" type="button" id="10" value="9" />
    		<input name="pageup" type="button" id="11" value="10" />
    		<input name="right" type="button" id="5" value="4" />
    		<input name="select" type="button" id="12" value="8" />
    		<input name="up" type="button" id="4" value="1" />
    	</inputConfig>
    	<inputConfig type="joystick" deviceName="Sony PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller" deviceGUID="030000004c0500006802000011010000">
    		<input name="a" type="button" id="13" value="1" />
    		<input name="b" type="button" id="14" value="1" />
    		<input name="down" type="button" id="6" value="1" />
    		<input name="left" type="button" id="7" value="1" />
    		<input name="pagedown" type="button" id="11" value="1" />
    		<input name="pageup" type="button" id="10" value="1" />
    		<input name="right" type="button" id="5" value="1" />
    		<input name="select" type="button" id="0" value="1" />
    		<input name="start" type="button" id="3" value="1" />
    	</inputConfig>
    	<inputConfig type="joystick" deviceName="PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller (04:76:6E:EC:32:F6)" deviceGUID="060000004c0500006802000000010000">
    		<input name="a" type="button" id="13" value="1" />
    		<input name="b" type="button" id="14" value="1" />
    		<input name="down" type="button" id="6" value="1" />
    		<input name="left" type="button" id="7" value="1" />
    		<input name="pagedown" type="button" id="11" value="1" />
    		<input name="pageup" type="button" id="10" value="1" />
    		<input name="right" type="button" id="5" value="1" />
    		<input name="select" type="button" id="0" value="1" />
    		<input name="start" type="button" id="3" value="1" />
    	</inputConfig>

The first one I put in manually, the second and third were created by EmulationStation (one for USB and one for Bluetooth). So why do I have to reconfigure the controller for EmulationStation every time I reboot?

caseyjames
    Participant

Hey there my fellow pi guy.Im having some of the same trouble trouble with my pi2.Two days ago I got an after market ps3 controller to work with the ps3 set tools in the automated section.I also got it to register in arch. Well I mistype a few keys when editing in the terminal -nano ./controller thingy and had to wipe it out.Now I cant seem to get it to recognize the controller any more.I also cant access -jcong either.Hopefully some one will get it done and post a complete image so all that is needed is a download and install.I have got almost a full week in on this thing to no a veil.On the bright side I did figure out how to use xbobx360 wired controller.Just type this sudo apt-get install xboxdvr afterwards do the same but install joystick.Now go and register it for arch.I hope this helped

supraman215
    Participant

Check the ownership of the folder that holds the es_config file make sure it’s the same user you’re running es as. NOT root. lots of my folders were owned by root so nothing would save.

dudleydes
    Participant
    PeanutButterBoy
    Participant

dudleydes – thanks for that, it works, but is there no way to fully fix this issue? On my RPi2, I uesd to boot to EmulationStation within 10 seconds, so this makes it considerably longer! Yet even so, I have to hit the PS button within a 5-second window, otherwise I need to reprogram the controller.

I’m guessing it is an EmulationStation “issue” since it doesn’t rescan for controllers when a Bluetooth connection is made?

PeanutButterBoy
    Participant

For anyone that is using this fix as well as the Blurry Blue Retropie splashscreen, here’s an edited version to remind you when to hit the PS button. Just put this splashscreen in a new folder in /home/pi/RetroPie-Setup/supplementary/splashscreens and choose it from within the Retropie Setup Script.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

ok, I’m having these issues too, but I’m using Logitech f710’s. is there a fix where I don’t have to sit and press a button?

PeanutButterBoy
    Participant

My guess is that this is the best we’re going to get for now. It seems like EmulationStation simply doesn’t keep scanning for BT controllers once it’s on the “no gamepads detected” screen. It will still respond to a BT connected gamepad, but it doesn’t map the keys to the config file. I’d love to see a fix or workaround but I think the EmuStation guy (Aloshi?) would need to do it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.