Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    elorianj
    Participant

Hi, I just configured a bluetooth PS3 Controller and it’s working perfectly BUT… everytime I reboot, EmulationStation keeps asking me for a controls remap and I know why. I think it’s because the PS3 Controller takes more time to pair with the BT dongle than ES to start, so it doesn’t see any controller and resets the es_input.cfg file. Am I right?
    How can I avoid it?
    Thank you very much!

dudleydes
    Participant

You can get the PS3 controller to connect via Bluetooth without having to configure it in ES everytime by adding a sleep command in the script that launches ES.

At a command line, run the following:

cd /usr/bin/
    sudo nano emulationstation

After the #!/bin/bash line, before the $es_bin, add the command sleep 5.

My script now looks like:

#!/bin/bash

sleep 5
    es_bin="/opt/retropie/supplementary/EmulationStation/emulationstation"

nb_lock_files=$(find /tmp -name ".X?-lock" | wc -l)
    if [ $nb_lock_files -ne 0 ]; then
        echo "X is running. Please shut down X in order to mitigate problems with loosing keyboard input. For example, logout from LXDE$
        exit 1
    fi

$es_bin "$@"

Save, exit and reboot. When the sixad service has started and the pi doesn’t seem to be doing anything, press the PS button on your controller. When ES has launched you controller should now be working.

I found 5 seconds was sufficient for the Bluetooth controller to connect. ES for me takes 25 seconds to load so another 5 doesn’t really add much.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.