Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Edit mupen64plus.cfg for exit emulator with controller

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    zmokkie
    Participant

Hi guys,

I want to exit the n64 emulator mupen64plus-gles2n64 with my controller (ps3) so I don’t have to connect a keyboard to my raspberry pi2 everytime I want to play Mario Kart.
    I know I have to edit mupen64plus.cfg but I have a few questions:
    – Is it possible to setup select+start on my ps3 controller to exit the n64 emulator or is it only possible to setup 1 button as exit button?
    – Is it possible to edit the mupen64plus.cfg on my laptop with the notepad. I can see the retropie in my file explorer. Can I just edit the mupen64plus.cfg file (after i made a backup of course) with notepad and save it? Or must I use the terminal to edit the mupen64plus.cfg file?
    Thanks for your help

herbfargus

Multi hotkey support was recently integrated, See this page:

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Nintendo-64#example-mupen64pluscfg

You should be able to use notepad but not sure if that affects permissions or not. I usually use the editor within winscp or nano

zmokkie
    Participant

Thanks for your answer. So all i have to do is add below text (of course change the buttons to the correct ps3 buttons)
    # Joystick event string for stopping the emulator
    Joy Mapping Stop = “J0B7/B6,J1B7/B6”
    # Joystick event string for switching between fullscreen/windowed modes
    Joy Mapping Fullscreen = “”
    # Joystick event string for saving the emulator state
    Joy Mapping Save State = “J0B5/B6,J1B5/B6”
    # Joystick event string for loading the emulator state
    Joy Mapping Load State = “J0B4/B6,J1B4/B6”

zmokkie
    Participant

Solved! I now can exit the N64 games with select+start.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.