Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mikegold
    Participant

I’m trying to setup a nice icon for the systemManager.cdi in the Dreamcast emulator folder, but I can’t make it stay. Even though I’ve edited gamelist.xml and alternatively I’ve tried to use scraper to attach the data of some game to it but after reboot it all disappears.

So, is there any way to customize it and make it stay that way in emulationstation?

Anonymous
    Inactive

When you’re done editing it, instead of rebooting or shutting down hit quit instead, it will take you to the terminal , at the same time it saves your changes, then restart emulation station by typing in

emulationstation

That’s it, I had the same problem the other day, it’s in the wiki under scraping

mikegold
    Participant

Well it’s not that easy, since the system Manager is practically only a link to a file that is absolutely somewhere else. Even if I’ll add an icon and description while emulationstation is closed, it will still be removed after the reboot :(.

labelwhore
    Participant

From the commandline sudo killall emulationstation, or just quit to commandline.

Then edit the gamelist.xml manually.

It’s a PITA, but that’s what I’ve done in a handfull of cases.

mikegold
    Participant

That is what I did. I’ve edited gamelist.xml in putty while emu-station was closed. After reboot all my edits got removed.
    So my wild guess is that since systemManager.cdi is only a link, it cannot get the icon and the description.

labelwhore
    Participant

huh, seems odd but I bet you’re right.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.