Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    dudleydes
    Participant

The DOSBox script has been updated so that it will now launch games from a DOS executable and from shell scripts which is useful if you are using custom config files. In addition, it is possible to launch a DOS prompt in DOSBox with the roms folder automatically mounted.

To get the latest script, please update the Retropie-Setup script and then run the commands

cd RetroPie-Setup
    sudo ./retropie_packages.sh dosbox configure

No other changes are required other than, possibly, editing the es_systems.cfg file if you are launching from scripts only so that games aren’t duplicated in ES. Full details at my tutorial at http://dosonthepi.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/retropie-30-update.html

labelwhore
    Participant

Just curious, what kind of scripts are people using for dosbox? Personally, I whipped up a .bat file with a menu to launch my games. I’m just curious what other people might be using since my method isn’t the easiest thing to maintain.

dishins
    Participant

i’m using a .sh script that auto mounts and launches the games directly (1 for each game)

labelwhore
    Participant

Ah, I see. How clean is doing it that way? It seems like quite a few games have multiple .exe, or .bat files, most of which would not actually launch the game.

Also, how’s performance? I noticed that some games work better when dosbox is running in 386 mode, some prefer 486. The way I’ve got things now I’m able to have a couple launch scripts for each mode.

dishins
    Participant

i don’t have that much games, but some of they are (all very playable, some close to full speed)

Pagan Ultima VIII
    Warcraft
    Warcraft 2
    Theme Hospital
    Constructor
    Death Rally
    Wolfstein 3D

all of them have a single .exe that my script launches directly, so i really don’t have to do nothing but launch it from ES

Omnija
    Participant

I use a .sh script also that launches my games .exe and the games i have are

Raptor: call of the shadows
    Whacky Wheels
    Jack Jazzrabbit
    wolf3d
    Heroes of might and magic 2

Which seem to be running at high performance. A game i noticed very slow game play was star wars dark forces, but with some minor edits with in the game settings it worked out fine.

I tried to get duke nukem 3d to work but it didn’t seem to for me. I’m having problems with configuring eduke32, so i figured id give dosbox a try with it lol.

dishins
    Participant

some say that rpix86 is faster than dosbox but i couldn’t run most of my games with it so i stick with dosbox.

dudleydes
    Participant

I too only have a few games so creating individual shell scripts for each one is pretty straightforward.

It is possible to install wolf4SDL, a port of Wolf3d that runs better than in DOSBox, well certainly on my Rpi1. The binary needs to be compiled depending on which version of the game you have so some editing of the original source code will be required. Full details in the tutorial below.

http://dosonthepi.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/install-wolf4sdl.html

@labelwhore
    , I would be interested in how you are using .bat files.

@dishins
    , I certainly found rpix86 to be faster for Formula One Grand Prix. You can find a list of compatible games at http://dsx86compatibility.pbworks.com/w/page/26738915/Compatibility%20List. If there’s a game you would like to add to the list, you can ask the developer if it’s possible at the rpix86 forum thread (https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=32934).

Incidentally, a new version 0.18 of rpix86 was released on 31 May which now supports Jazz Jackrabbit and Ultima VII (http://rpix86.patrickaalto.com/rblog.html)

labelwhore
    Participant

It looks like maybe I should keep things the way I have them. I’ve got a little over 100 games, some have multiple .exe files, some launch from .bat files and usually there’s more than one.

So how I have these .bat files set up… I have a couple .sh file like this (this one is named 486.sh):

#!/bin/bash
    /opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 1 "/opt/retropie/emulators/dosbox/bin/dosbox -conf "/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/pc/486.conf" -c \"MOUNT C /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/pc\"" "dosbox"

486.conf is a slightly changed config file set up to have dosbox run in 486 mode. It looks like the code blow. Not what’s important here is this part:

cputype=486_slow
    cycles=3000
    cycleup=20
    cycledown=20

and the section at the very bottom, particularly these lines, this makes dosbox launch directly to menu.bat

MOUNT C /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/pc
    C:
    menu.bat

# This is the configuration file for DOSBox SVN. (Please use the latest version of DOSBox)
    # Lines starting with a # are comment lines and are ignored by DOSBox.
    # They are used to (briefly) document the effect of each option.

[sdl]
    #       fullscreen: Start dosbox directly in fullscreen. (Press ALT-Enter to go back)
    #       fulldouble: Use double buffering in fullscreen. It can reduce screen flickering, but it can also result in a slow DOSBox.
    #   fullresolution: What resolution to use for fullscreen: original, desktop or a fixed size (e.g. 1024x768).
    #                     Using your monitor's native resolution with aspect=true might give the best results.
    #                     If you end up with small window on a large screen, try an output different from surface.
    # windowresolution: Scale the window to this size IF the output device supports hardware scaling.
    #                     (output=surface does not!)
    #           output: What video system to use for output.
    #                   Possible values: surface, overlay.
    #         autolock: Mouse will automatically lock, if you click on the screen. (Press CTRL-F10 to unlock)
    #      sensitivity: Mouse sensitivity.
    #      waitonerror: Wait before closing the console if dosbox has an error.
    #         priority: Priority levels for dosbox. Second entry behind the comma is for when dosbox is not focused/minimized.
    #                     pause is only valid for the second entry.
    #                   Possible values: lowest, lower, normal, higher, highest, pause.
    #       mapperfile: File used to load/save the key/event mappings from. Resetmapper only works with the default value.
    #     usescancodes: Avoid usage of symkeys, might not work on all operating systems.

fullscreen=false
    fulldouble=false
    fullresolution=640x480
    windowresolution=640480
    output=surface
    autolock=true
    sensitivity=100
    waitonerror=true
    priority=highest,normal
    mapperfile=mapper-SVN.map
    usescancodes=false

[dosbox]
    # language: Select another language file.
    #  machine: The type of machine DOSBox tries to emulate.
    #           Possible values: hercules, cga, tandy, pcjr, ega, vgaonly, svga_s3, svga_et3000, svga_et4000, svga_paradise, vesa_nolfb, vesa_oldvbe.
    # captures: Directory where things like wave, midi, screenshot get captured.
    #  memsize: Amount of memory DOSBox has in megabytes.
    #             This value is best left at its default to avoid problems with some games,
    #             though few games might require a higher value.
    #             There is generally no speed advantage when raising this value.

language=
    machine=svga_s3
    captures=capture
    memsize=16

[render]
    # frameskip: How many frames DOSBox skips before drawing one.
    #    aspect: Do aspect correction, if your output method doesn't support scaling this can slow things down!.
    #    scaler: Scaler used to enlarge/enhance low resolution modes. If 'forced' is appended,
    #            then the scaler will be used even if the result might not be desired.
    #            Possible values: none, normal2x, normal3x, advmame2x, advmame3x, advinterp2x, advinterp3x, hq2x, hq3x, 2xsai, super2xsai, supereagle, tv2x, tv3x, rgb2x, rgb3x, scan2x, scan3x.

frameskip=2
    aspect=false
    scaler=none

[cpu]
    #      core: CPU Core used in emulation. auto will switch to dynamic if available and
    #            appropriate.
    #            Possible values: auto, dynamic, normal, simple.
    #   cputype: CPU Type used in emulation. auto is the fastest choice.
    #            Possible values: auto, 386, 386_slow, 486_slow, pentium_slow, 386_prefetch.
    #    cycles: Amount of instructions DOSBox tries to emulate each millisecond.
    #            Setting this value too high results in sound dropouts and lags.
    #            Cycles can be set in 3 ways:
    #              'auto'          tries to guess what a game needs.
    #                              It usually works, but can fail for certain games.
    #              'fixed #number' will set a fixed amount of cycles. This is what you usually
    #                              need if 'auto' fails (Example: fixed 4000).
    #              'max'           will allocate as much cycles as your computer is able to
    #                              handle.
    #            Possible values: auto, fixed, max.
    #   cycleup: Amount of cycles to decrease/increase with keycombos.(CTRL-F11/CTRL-F12)
    # cycledown: Setting it lower than 100 will be a percentage.

core=auto
    cputype=486_slow
    cycles=3000 
    cycleup=20
    cycledown=20

[mixer]
    #   nosound: Enable silent mode, sound is still emulated though.
    #      rate: Mixer sample rate, setting any device's rate higher than this will probably lower their sound quality.
    #            Possible values: 44100, 48000, 32000, 22050, 16000, 11025, 8000, 49716.
    # blocksize: Mixer block size, larger blocks might help sound stuttering but sound will also be more lagged.
    #            Possible values: 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192, 512, 256.
    # prebuffer: How many milliseconds of data to keep on top of the blocksize.

nosound=false
    rate=22050
    size=2048
    prebuffer=10

[midi]
    #     mpu401: Type of MPU-401 to emulate.
    #             Possible values: intelligent, uart, none.
    # mididevice: Device that will receive the MIDI data from MPU-401.
    #             Possible values: default, win32, alsa, oss, coreaudio, coremidi, none.
    # midiconfig: Special configuration options for the device driver. This is usually the id of the device you want to use.
    #               or in the case of coreaudio, you can specify a soundfont here.
    #               When using a Roland MT-32 rev. 0 as midi output device, some games may require a delay in order to prevent 'buffer overflow' issues.
    #               In that case, add 'delaysysex', for example: midiconfig=2 delaysysex
    #               See the README/Manual for more details.

mpu401=none
    mididevice=default
    midiconfig=

[sblaster]
    #  sbtype: Type of Soundblaster to emulate. gb is Gameblaster.
    #          Possible values: sb1, sb2, sbpro1, sbpro2, sb16, gb, none.
    #  sbbase: The IO address of the soundblaster.
    #          Possible values: 220, 240, 260, 280, 2a0, 2c0, 2e0, 300.
    #     irq: The IRQ number of the soundblaster.
    #          Possible values: 7, 5, 3, 9, 10, 11, 12.
    #     dma: The DMA number of the soundblaster.
    #          Possible values: 1, 5, 0, 3, 6, 7.
    #    hdma: The High DMA number of the soundblaster.
    #          Possible values: 1, 5, 0, 3, 6, 7.
    # sbmixer: Allow the soundblaster mixer to modify the DOSBox mixer.
    # oplmode: Type of OPL emulation. On 'auto' the mode is determined by sblaster type. All OPL modes are Adlib-compatible, except for 'cms'.
    #          Possible values: auto, cms, opl2, dualopl2, opl3, none.
    #  oplemu: Provider for the OPL emulation. compat might provide better quality (see oplrate as well).
    #          Possible values: default, compat, fast.
    # oplrate: Sample rate of OPL music emulation. Use 49716 for highest quality (set the mixer rate accordingly).
    #          Possible values: 44100, 49716, 48000, 32000, 22050, 16000, 11025, 8000.

sbtype=sb16
    sbbase=220
    irq=7
    dma=1
    hdma=5
    sbmixer=true
    oplmode=auto
    oplemu=default
    oplrate=22050

[gus]
    #      gus: Enable the Gravis Ultrasound emulation.
    #  gusrate: Sample rate of Ultrasound emulation.
    #           Possible values: 44100, 48000, 32000, 22050, 16000, 11025, 8000, 49716.
    #  gusbase: The IO base address of the Gravis Ultrasound.
    #           Possible values: 240, 220, 260, 280, 2a0, 2c0, 2e0, 300.
    #   gusirq: The IRQ number of the Gravis Ultrasound.
    #           Possible values: 5, 3, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12.
    #   gusdma: The DMA channel of the Gravis Ultrasound.
    #           Possible values: 3, 0, 1, 5, 6, 7.
    # ultradir: Path to Ultrasound directory. In this directory
    #           there should be a MIDI directory that contains
    #           the patch files for GUS playback. Patch sets used
    #           with Timidity should work fine.

gus=true
    gusrate=22050
    gusbase=240
    gusirq=5
    gusdma=3
    ultradir=C:\ULTRASND

[speaker]
    # pcspeaker: Enable PC-Speaker emulation.
    #    pcrate: Sample rate of the PC-Speaker sound generation.
    #            Possible values: 44100, 48000, 32000, 22050, 16000, 11025, 8000, 49716.
    #     tandy: Enable Tandy Sound System emulation. For 'auto', emulation is present only if machine is set to 'tandy'.
    #            Possible values: auto, on, off.
    # tandyrate: Sample rate of the Tandy 3-Voice generation.
    #    disney: Enable Disney Sound Source emulation. (Covox Voice Master and Speech Thing compatible).

pcspeaker=true
    pcrate=22050
    tandy=off
    tandyrate=22050
    disney=false

[joystick]
    # joysticktype: Type of joystick to emulate: auto (default), none,
    #               2axis (supports two joysticks),
    #               4axis (supports one joystick, first joystick used),
    #               4axis_2 (supports one joystick, second joystick used),
    #               fcs (Thrustmaster), ch (CH Flightstick).
    #               none disables joystick emulation.
    #               auto chooses emulation depending on real joystick(s).
    #               (Remember to reset dosbox's mapperfile if you saved it earlier)
    #               Possible values: auto, 2axis, 4axis, 4axis_2, fcs, ch, none.
    #        timed: enable timed intervals for axis. Experiment with this option, if your joystick drifts (away).
    #     autofire: continuously fires as long as you keep the button pressed.
    #       swap34: swap the 3rd and the 4th axis. can be useful for certain joysticks.
    #   buttonwrap: enable button wrapping at the number of emulated buttons.

joysticktype=auto
    timed=true
    autofire=false
    swap34=false
    buttonwrap=false

[serial]
    # serial1: set type of device connected to com port.
    #          Can be disabled, dummy, modem, nullmodem, directserial.
    #          Additional parameters must be in the same line in the form of
    #          parameter:value. Parameter for all types is irq (optional).
    #          for directserial: realport (required), rxdelay (optional).
    #                           (realport:COM1 realport:ttyS0).
    #          for modem: listenport (optional).
    #          for nullmodem: server, rxdelay, txdelay, telnet, usedtr,
    #                         transparent, port, inhsocket (all optional).
    #          Example: serial1=modem listenport:5000
    #          Possible values: dummy, disabled, modem, nullmodem, directserial.
    # serial2: see serial1
    # serial3: see serial1
    # serial4: see serial1

serial1=dummy
    serial2=dummy
    serial3=disabled
    serial4=disabled

[dos]
    #            xms: Enable XMS support.
    #            ems: Enable EMS support. The default (=true) provides the best
    #                 compatibility but certain applications may run better with
    #                 other choices, or require EMS support to be disabled (=false)
    #                 to work at all.
    #                 Possible values: true, emsboard, emm386, false.
    #            umb: Enable UMB support.
    # keyboardlayout: Language code of the keyboard layout (or none).

xms=true
    ems=true
    umb=true
    keyboardlayout=auto

[ipx]
    # ipx: Enable ipx over UDP/IP emulation.

ipx=false

[autoexec]
    # Lines in this section will be run at startup.
    # You can put your MOUNT lines here.
    MOUNT C /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/pc
    MOUNT A /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/pc/amnesia
    C:
    menu.bat

and finally here’s menu.bat:

@echo off

:start
    cls
    echo ÉÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍ»
    echo º---------------------------------Main Menu-----------------------------------º
    echo ÌÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍ͹
    echo º 1.+ Action                                                                  º
    echo º 2.+ Strategy                                                                º
    echo º 3.+ Point-Text Games                                                        º
    echo º 4.+ Role Playing Games (RPGs)                                               º
    echo º 5.+ Other Random Games                                                      º
    echo º                                                                             º
    echo º                                                                             º
    echo º Most of these games work best with a keyboard and mouse.                    º
    echo º A few work with a joystick.                                                 º
    echo º Any keyphrases, manual entries, passwords, etc., can be found at            º
    echo º http://www.myabandonware.com                                                º
    echo º You can also find more dos games there. Just edit this file (menu.bat)      º
    echo º to add them to the menu.                                                    º
    echo ÌÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍ͹
    echo º 6. Exit to Emulation Station                                                º
    echo º 7. Extra Games                          8. Help                             º
    echo ÈÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍͼ
    choice /c12345678 Your Choice
    if errorlevel 8 goto help
    if errorlevel 7 goto extra
    if errorlevel 6 goto exit
    if errorlevel 5 goto orandom
    if errorlevel 4 goto rpg
    if errorlevel 3 goto text
    if errorlevel 2 goto strat
    if errorlevel 1 goto action

:action
    cls
    echo ÉÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍ»
    echo º--------------------------------Action Games---------------------------------º
    echo º 1.- Action                                                                  º
    echo º   a. Commander Keen                     k. Gods                             º
    echo º   b. Commander Keen 2                   l. Psychic War                      º
    echo º   c. Commander Keen 3                   m. Double Dragon                    º
    echo º   d. Formula One                        n. Double Dragon 2                  º
    echo º   e. Hardball 3                         o. Double Dragon 3                  º
    echo º   f. Ms Pac Man                         p. Overkill                         º
    echo º   g. Centipede                          q. Prince of Persia 2               º
    echo º   h. Galaxia                            r. Skyroads                         º
    echo º   i. Princess Leiea's Rebel Force       s. Highway Hunter                   º
    echo º   j. Michael Jackson's Moonwalker       t. Wolfenstien 3D                   º
    echo º 2.+ Strategy                                                                º
    echo º 3.+ Point-Text Games                                                        º
    echo º 4.+ Role Playing Games (RPGs)                                               º
    echo º 5.+ Other Random Games                                                      º
    echo º 6. Exit to Emulation Station                                                º
    echo º 7. Extra Games                          8. Help                             º
    echo ÈÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍͼ
    choice /c1abcdefghijklmnopqrst2345678 Your Choice
    if errorlevel 28 goto help
    if errorlevel 27 goto extra
    if errorlevel 26 goto exit
    if errorlevel 25 goto orandom
    if errorlevel 24 goto rpg
    if errorlevel 23 goto text
    if errorlevel 22 goto strat
    if errorlevel 21 goto wolf3d
    if errorlevel 20 goto hhunter
    if errorlevel 19 goto skyroad
    if errorlevel 18 goto ppersia2
    if errorlevel 17 goto overkill
    if errorlevel 16 goto dd3
    if errorlevel 15 goto dd2
    if errorlevel 14 goto dd1
    if errorlevel 13 goto psychic
    if errorlevel 12 goto gods
    if errorlevel 11 goto moonwalk
    if errorlevel 10 goto starwars
    if errorlevel 9 goto galaxia
    if errorlevel 8 goto centiped
    if errorlevel 7 goto mspac
    if errorlevel 6 goto hb3
    if errorlevel 5 goto formula1
    if errorlevel 4 goto keen3
    if errorlevel 3 goto keen2
    if errorlevel 2 goto keen1
    if errorlevel 1 goto start

:strat
    cls
    echo º---------------------------------Strategy------------------------------------º
    echo º 1.+ Action                                                                  º
    echo º 2.- Strategy                                                                º
    echo º   a. Battle Chess                       k. Battle Isle                      º
    echo º   b. Lemmings                           l. Battle Isle '93                  º
    echo º   c. Sid Meyers Civ 1                   m. Path to Power                    º
    echo º   d. Sim Ant                            n. Rock and Roll                    º
    echo º   e. Master of Magic                    o. Sim City 2000                    º
    echo º   f. Settlers 2                         p. Transport Tycoon                 º
    echo º   g. Warcraft                           q. X-com                            º
    echo º   h. Ambush at Sorinor                  r. Cannon Fodder 2                  º
    echo º   i. Battle Fleet                       s. Ultimate NFL Manager             º
    echo º   j. Overlord                           t. Wing Commander                   º
    choice /c12abcdefghijklmnopqrst345678 Your Choice
    if errorlevel 23 goto text
    if errorlevel 22 goto wingcomm
    if errorlevel 21 goto ultmtnfl
    if errorlevel 20 goto fodder
    if errorlevel 19 goto xcom
    if errorlevel 18 goto tycoon
    if errorlevel 17 goto sc2000
    if errorlevel 16 goto rockroll
    if errorlevel 15 goto path2pow
    if errorlevel 14 goto bi193
    if errorlevel 13 goto bi1
    if errorlevel 12 goto overlord
    if errorlevel 11 goto btlfleet
    if errorlevel 10 goto ambush
    if errorlevel 9 goto war
    if errorlevel 8 goto s2g
    if errorlevel 7 goto mom
    if errorlevel 6 goto ant
    if errorlevel 5 goto civ1
    if errorlevel 4 goto lemmings
    if errorlevel 3 goto btlchess
    if errorlevel 2 goto start

:text
    cls
    echo º-----------------------------Point-Text Games--------------------------------º
    echo º 3.- Point-Text Games                                                        º
    echo º   a. Carmen SanDiego                    k. Bureaucracy                      º
    echo º   b. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy   l. Breakers                         º
    echo º   c. Supernova                          m  A Mind Forever Voyaging          º
    echo º   d. Sleuth                             n. Ballyhoo                         º
    echo º   e. A Personal Nightnmare              o. Amnesia                          º
    echo º   f. Sherlock Holmes                    p. Journey                          º
    echo º   g. Return to Doom                     q. Bill and Ted                     º
    echo º   h. Fellowship of the Ring             r. Hobbit                           º
    echo º   i. Ishar 2                            s. Final Battle                     º
    echo º   j. Planetfall                         t. Waynes World                     º
    choice /c123abcdefghijklmnopqrst45678 Your Choice
    if errorlevel 23 goto ww
    if errorlevel 22 goto fb
    if errorlevel 21 goto hobbit
    if errorlevel 20 goto billted
    if errorlevel 19 goto journey
    if errorlevel 18 goto amnesia
    if errorlevel 17 goto ballyhoo
    if errorlevel 16 goto amfv
    if errorlevel 15 goto breakers
    if errorlevel 14 goto bureauc
    if errorlevel 13 goto pfall
    if errorlevel 12 goto ishar2
    if errorlevel 11 goto fotr
    if errorlevel 10 goto r2doom
    if errorlevel 9 goto holmes
    if errorlevel 8 goto nmare
    if errorlevel 7 goto sleuth
    if errorlevel 6 goto supernva
    if errorlevel 5 goto hitchhik
    if errorlevel 4 goto carmen
    if errorlevel 3 goto start

:rpg
    cls
    echo º------------------------------Arr Pee Gees-----------------------------------º
    echo º    a. Dungeon Master                    k. Spirit of Adventure              º
    echo º    b. Gateway to a Savage Frontier      l. Drakkhen                         º
    echo º    c. Deja Vu                           m. Avalon                           º
    echo º    d. Pool of Radiance (D+D)            n. Eye of the Beholder 2            º
    echo º    e. Circuits Edge                     o. Eye of the Beholder 3            º
    echo º    f. Cobra Mission                     p. Moonstone                        º
    echo º    g. Neuromancer                       q. Shadows of Mordor                º
    echo º    h. Buck Rogers                       r. Space Rogue                      º
    echo º    i. Darklands                         s. Treasures of the Savage Frontier º
    echo º    j. Pangea                            t. X-Com UFO Defense                º
    choice /c1234abcdefghijklmnopqrst5678 Your Choice
    if errorlevel 24 goto ufo
    if errorlevel 23 goto frontier
    if errorlevel 22 goto spcrg
    if errorlevel 21 goto som
    if errorlevel 20 goto moonstn
    if errorlevel 19 goto bhldr3
    if errorlevel 18 goto bhldr2
    if errorlevel 17 goto avalon
    if errorlevel 16 goto drakkhen
    if errorlevel 15 goto starbyte
    if errorlevel 14 goto pangea
    if errorlevel 13 goto darklands
    if errorlevel 12 goto brogers
    if errorlevel 12 goto neurom
    if errorlevel 10 goto cbrmiss
    if errorlevel 9 goto cedge
    if errorlevel 8 goto por
    if errorlevel 7 goto dejavu
    if errorlevel 6 goto gate
    if errorlevel 5 goto dmstr
    if errorlevel 4 goto start

:orandom
    cls
    echo º----------------------------Other Random Games-------------------------------º
    echo º 5.- Other Random Games                                                      º
    echo º    a. Infestation                       k. Ravenloft                        º
    echo º    b. International Opne Golf           l. Panzer General                   º
    echo º    c. Timothy Leary's Mind Mirror       m. Mad T.V.                         º
    echo º    d. Ultrabots                         n. Blockout                         º
    echo º    e. Battlezone                        o. Ancients 2                       º
    echo º    f. Mech Warrior                      p. Dune                             º
    echo º    g. Starglider                        q. Galactix                         º
    echo º    h. Virus                             r. The Two Towers                   º
    echo º    i. Stratego                          s. Links 386                        º
    echo º    j. Silpheed                          t. Catacomb 3D                      º
    choice /c12345abcdefghijklmnopqrst678 Your Choice
    if errorlevel 25 goto ctc3d
    if errorlevel 24 goto links386
    if errorlevel 23 goto 2towers
    if errorlevel 22 goto galactix
    if errorlevel 21 goto dune
    if errorlevel 20 goto anc2
    if errorlevel 19 goto blockout
    if errorlevel 18 goto madtv
    if errorlevel 17 goto panzgen
    if errorlevel 16 goto rloft
    if errorlevel 15 goto silpheed
    if errorlevel 14 goto stratego
    if errorlevel 13 goto virus
    if errorlevel 12 goto stargldr
    if errorlevel 12 goto mechwar
    if errorlevel 10 goto btlz
    if errorlevel 9 goto ultrabots
    if errorlevel 8 goto mmirror
    if errorlevel 7 goto intopen
    if errorlevel 6 goto infest
    if errorlevel 5 goto start
    if errorlevel 4 goto rpg

:amfv
    cls
    cd\amfv
    call _Amfv.com
    cd..
    goto start

:amnesia
    cls
    cd\amnesia
    call AMNESIA.COM
    cd..
    goto start

:ant
    cls
    cd\ant
    call SIMANT.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:avalon
    cls
    cd\AVALON
    call AVALON.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:bhldr2
    cls
    cd\bhldr2
    call start.exe
    cd..
    goto start

:bhldr3
    cls
    cd\bhldr3
    call start.bat
    cd..
    goto start

:ballyhoo
    cls
    cd\ballyhoo
    call _BALLYHO.COM
    cd..
    goto start

:bi193
    cls
    cd\BI193
    call MOON.exe
    cd..
    goto start

:bi1
    cls
    cd\btleisle
    call DESERT.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:billted
    cls
    cd\billted
    call BT.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:btlchess
    cls
    cd\chess
    call CHESS.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:breakers
    cls
    cd\Breakers
    call Run.exe
    cd..
    goto start

:brogers
    cls
    cd\brogers
    call START.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:bs
    cls
    cd\bstone
    call BSTONE.BAT
    cd..
    goto start

:bs2
    cls
    cd\bs2
    call planet.bat
    cd..
    goto start

:bureauc
    cls
    cd\Bureauc
    call 
    cd..
    goto start

:carmen
    cls
    cd\carmensd
    call CARMEN.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:cbrmiss
    cls
    cd\cobrmiss
    call CM.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:cedge
    cls
    cd\cedge
    call EDGE.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:centiped
    cls
    cd\CENTIPED
    call CENTIPED.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:civ1
    cls
    cd\civ
    call CIV.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:darklands
    cls
    cd\Darkland
    call DARKLAND.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:dejavu
    cls
    cd\dejavu
    call DEJAVUII.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:dd1
    cls
    cd\DD1
    call DRAGON.BAT
    cd..
    goto start

:dd2
    cls
    cd\ddragon2
    call DRAGON.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:dd3
    cls
    cd\ddragon3
    call DD3.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:dmstr
    cls
    cd\dmaster
    call DM.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:drakkhen
    cls
    cd\Drakkhen
    call drakkhen.com
    cd..
    goto start

:fb
    cls
    cd\fb
    call TFB.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:f14tcat
    cls
    cd\f-14-tcat
    call TC.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:fodder
    cls
    cd\fodder
    call cannon.exe
    cd..
    goto start

:fotr
    cls
    cd\fellow
    call for1.exe
    cd..
    goto start

:frontier
    cls
    cd\frontier
    call start.bat
    cd..
    goto start

:galaxia
    cls
    cd\GALAXIA
    call GALAXIA.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:gate
    cls
    cd\GATE
    call START.BAT
    cd..
    goto start

:gods
    cls
    cd\gods
    call GODS.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:hhunter
    cls
    cd\hhunter
    call START.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:hitchhik
    cls
    cd\hitch
    call Hitchhik.exe
    cd..
    goto start

:hobbit
    cls
    cd\hobbit
    call HOBBIT.COM
    cd..
    goto start

:holmes
    cls
    cd\holmes
    call SHINM.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:indy
    cls
    cd\INDY
    call INDY256.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:ishar2
    cls
    cd\ISHAR2
    call start.exe
    cd..
    goto start

:journey
    cls
    cd\JOURNEY
    call JOURNEY.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:keen1
    cls
    cd\keen1
    call KEEN1.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:keen2
    cls
    cd\keen2
    call KEEN2.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:keen3
    cls
    cd\keen3
    call KEEN3.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:lemmings
    cls
    cd\lemmings
    call VLEM2.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:loom
    cls
    cd\LOOM
    call LOOM.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:manman
    cls
    cd/MANIAC
    call MANIAC.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:mspac
    cls
    cd\MSPAC
    call MSPACEM.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:mom
    cls
    cd\MOM
    call MAGIC.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:monkey
    cls
    cd\MONKEY
    call MONKEY.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:mw2
    cls
    cd\MECH2
    call MECH2.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:neurom
    cls
    cd/neurom
    cal neuro.exe
    cd..
    goto start

:moonwalk
    cls
    cd\moonwalk
    call Runme.bat
    cd..
    goto start

:moonstn
    cls
    cd\Moonstn
    call MS.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:nmare
    cls
    cd\nmare
    call Unpack.exe
    cd..
    goto start

:overlord
    cls
    cd\overlord
    call game.exe
    cd..
    goto start

:pangea
    cls
    cd\pangea
    call START.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:path2pow
    cls
    cd\path2pow
    call EXEC.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:pfall
    cls
    cd\Pfall
    call _Planetf.com
    cd..
    goto start

:por
    cls
    cd\por
    call START.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:psychic
    cls
    cd\psychic
    call PW.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:r2doom
    cls
    cd\Return
    call Return.com
    cd..
    goto start

:rockroll
    cls
    cd\rockroll
    call ROCKROLL.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:s2g
    cls
    cd\s2g
    call S2.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:sc2000
    cls
    cd\SMCT2K
    call SC2000.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:sleuth
    cls
    cd\
    call 
    cd..
    goto start

:skyroad
    cls
    cd\skyroads
    call skyroads.exe
    cd..
    goto start

:starbyte
    cls
    cd\STARBYTE
    call SOA.BAT
    cd..
    goto start

:spcrg
    cls
    cd\spcrg
    call sr.exe
    cd..
    goto start

:som
    cls
    cd\som
    call Som.exe
    cd..
    goto start

:starwars
    cls
    cd\starwars
    call STARWARS.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:supernva
    cls
    cd\supernva
    call NOVA.COM
    cd..
    goto start

:swdf
    cls
    cd\swdf
    call dos4gw.exe
    cd..
    goto start

:tycoon
    cls
    cd\tycoon
    call TYCOON.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:ufo
    cls
    cd\UFO
    call UFO.BAT
    cd..
    goto start

:ultmtnfl
    cls
    cd\ultmtnfl
    call 
    cd..
    goto start

:ambush
    cls
    cd\ambush
    call amb.exe
    cd..
    goto start

:war
    cls
    cd\warcraft
    call war2.exe
    cd..
    goto start

:wingcomm
    cls
    cd\wingcomm
    call 
    cd..
    goto start

:wolf3d
    cls
    cd\wolf3d
    call WOLF3D.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:ww
    cls
    cd\ww
    call WW.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:xcom
    cls
    cd\x-com
    call START.BAT
    cd..
    goto start

:zak
    cls
    cd\ZAK
    call ZAK.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:links386
    cls
    cd\links386
    call golf.bat
    cd..
    goto start

:formula1
    cls
    cd\formula1
    call f1.exe
    cd..
    goto start

:hb3
    cls
    cd\HB3
    call HARDBALL.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:infest
    cls
    cd\infest
    call INFEST.COM
    cd..
    goto start

:intopen
    cls
    cd\intopen
    call GOLF.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:ultrabots
    cls
    cd\ultrbots
    call xeno.exe
    cd..
    goto start

:btlz
    cls
    cd\BTLZ
    call bzone.com
    cd..
    goto start

:mechwar
    cls
    cd\mechwar
    call MW.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

;stargldr
    cls
    cd\stargldr
    call stargldr.exe
    cd..
    goto start

:anc2
    cls
    cd\anc2
    call BEGIN.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:blockout
    cls
    cd\blockout
    call bl.exe
    cd..
    goto start

:madtv
    cls
    cd\Madtv
    call MTV.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:panzgen
    cls
    cd\panzgen
    call PG.BAT
    cd..
    goto start

:rloft
    cls
    cd\rloft
    call RLOFT.BAT
    cd..
    goto start

:silpheed
    cls
    cd\silpheed
    call SILPHEED.BAT
    cd..
    goto start

:stratego
    cls
    cd\Stratego
    call STRATEGO.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:virus
    cls
    cd\Virus
    call Virusega.exe
    cd..
    goto start

:ppersia2
    cls
    cd\ppersia2
    call PRINCE.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:overkill
    cls
    cd\OVERKILL
    call OVERKILL.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:galactix
    cls
    cd\galactix
    call GX1.EXE
    cd..
    goto start

:ctc3d
    cls
    cd\ctc3d
    call juego.exe
    cd..
    goto start

:dune
    cls
    cd\dune
    call DUNE.BAT
    cd..
    goto start

:help
    cls
    call h.bat
    cd..
    goto start

:extra
    cls
    call extra.bat
    cd..
    goto start

:cprompt
    cls
    call C:

:exit
    cls
    call exit

karloss
    Participant

is the .sh method working again now? as i thought i read on your blog that people were saying (i had same when i last tried) that it wasn’t starting the game, but just loading dosbox?

Thanks

Karl

dudleydes
    Participant

[quote=99667]is the .sh method working again now?
    [/quote]

Yes, the .sh method is working in Retropie 3.0. If you update the Retropie scripts and reconfigure dosbox using the commands in my first post, then you will be able launch games using scripts without having to make any changes to the config files. Alternatively, you could start afresh with the version 3.0 BETA 3 image.

karloss
    Participant

I’d rather not start fresh…everything is as I like it..

I have run that command, so the .sh from your blog should now work again?

I will give it a go when I get home from the office tonight..

Thanks for you information.

fanatixx
    Participant

I don’t know if this is related, but I added a functionality to my “+Start DOSBox.sh” script so that it uses a custom “dosbox.conf” config file if it exists in the %ROM% directory, similarly to retroarch’s custom config files. If there’s no custom config file, it just uses the default one (normal behavior).

It works for me because I have my DOS games and apps each in its own subdirectory (mostly). This way I don’t need to create a .sh file for every game/app in order to launch it through Emulationstation, but I need to copy custom config files to the folders I need them customized.

For those who might want it, I am posting the code bellow.

Content of my patched “+Start DOSBox.sh”:

#!/bin/bash
    params="$1"
    if [[ "$params" =~ "+Start DOSBox.sh" ]]; then
    	params="-c \"MOUNT C /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/pc\""
    elif [[ "$params" =~ \.sh$ ]]; then
    	bash "$params"
    	exit
    else
    	dir=$(dirname "${params}")
    	configfile="$dir/dosbox.conf"
    	if [[ -f $configfile ]]; then
    		params+=" -conf \"$configfile\""
    	fi
    	params+=" -exit"
    fi
    /opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 0 "/opt/retropie/emulators/dosbox/bin/dosbox $params" "dosbox"

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.