Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I started a game in the x86 emulator and it booted. I noticed that it was rather slow on the boot. When it finally got to the start screen I couldn’t do anything. I couldn’t move the cursor and couldn’t select any of the options in the start screen. Also the credits that scroll in the start screen were moving at a really slow pace, like almost not moving. The game I was playing was Masters of Orion 2 and I didn’t try any other games yet but I am pretty sure it’s not the rom that’s the problem considering every comment about it was positive. Of course the game probably might be a little too demanding power wise but I would not like to believe it is not just because I really want to play it. I just need to know if anyone else is having the same problems and if there is a way to fix it.

whise
    Participant

Aparently dos emulators (dosbox rpix86) at the moment can only emulate a 386/486 pc at 20 Mhz… so yeah really slow. Maybe in the future…

hacha-dorada
    Participant

I tried to install DOSBox from the sources, with no success so far. It doesn’t come up in ES_systems, and hence neither on ES.

Also, regarding performance, I have read around of something called FastDOSBox that might be an improvement for our RetroPie. Can anyone comment on this?

trimmtrabb
    Participant

I believe rpix86 has the best performance as it’s optimised for the Pi. You would need to manually add dosbox command/paths to es_systems to use it in Emulation Station

wickedclown
    Participant

check my spreadsheet i have started list of dos games that work good and u dont have to over clock to turbo like it did most work with lower settings
    http://apps.live-documents.com/docs/openWebDoc.do?docId=4798566
    also if you login you can edit this spreadsheet to if you can plz help me with dos!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.