Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Disable launch options – runcommand.sh?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jamesrives
    Participant

Hi,

I’m attempting to create a “clean” system utilizing Retropie-based cabinet. I only intend to use MAME.

At present, each time I load a rom I receive a message stating:

“Press a key (or joystick button 0) to configure launch options for emulator/port (mame4all). Errors will be logged to /tmp/runcommand.log”

I think I also receive a console message when I exit any ROM and return to emulationstation.

I realize the value of this function – particularly when using multiple emulators; but its not something I need for my setup. Is there a way to completely remove this message and any other console messages that appear when I access/exit a particular emulator or ROM? If I’m not mistaken, I believe the message is included within the runcommand shell located at /home/pi/RetroPie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh. Can I simply comment out any “echo” statements in this shell? Or is there a better/easier fix?

Thanks,

Jim

herbfargus
    jamesrives
    Participant

Thanks so much!

Jim

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.