Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Deleting a Game on Emulationstation

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    cybermen
    Participant

Hi, I have noticed that when you delete a game on emulationstation via the GUI, Version 3.4. Where you enter the description, distribute star, scrap, etc. He Spring automatically get in the command prompt, i see pi@retropie but I can’t use the keyboard or anything else. It is as if frozen . Is this a mistake? Or is there a trick ?

labelwhore
    Participant

It’s a known bug.

cybermen
    Participant

Okay, thanks

jeffdamann
    Participant

I wish you could delete a bunch of stuff before it restarts.

cybermen
    Participant

Has anyone perhaps found if you can fix it?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is there any resolution to this problem yet?

I just got a couple large romsets loaded, and I’d like to find an easy way to delete the games I find that don’t work.

herbfargus

It’s been fixed and will be part of the next release of retropie.

Really you should just use winscp for sorting through your roms. It’s easier to delete mass amounts.

Anonymous
    Inactive

To get this fix now, would I just need to reinstall EmulationStation from the SetupScript?

I’m familiar with using FTP clients to access the Pi. I want this functionality, because I want to be able to quickly delete using the controller right after trying a ROM that fails to load.

herbfargus

Yeah you’d need to update your setup script and reinstall emulationstation from the setup script. (I’m pretty sure binaries were built) if not try building it from source

herbfargus

Also BTW when you are reinstalling emulationstation make sure you’ve exited (I.e. don’t access the retropie setup script from within emulationstation) sometimes the binary isn’t replaced when emulationstation is running

cybermen
    Participant

When cames the next release of retropie?

herbfargus

Next day or two give or take.

cybermen
    Participant

The New Version is great!!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.