Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Custom RretroArch Controls Per Emulator?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bobbyt
    Participant

With Retroarch most emulators end up with the Same layout.

Is there any way to create custom RetroArch for specific emulators?

For example in NES the A and B buttons are the literal A and B buttons. In that emulated I’d like to change it to A and X (as its more comfortable for me), without effecting the other emulators…

Floob

I’ve put a basic video together of where config files are.
    I think you can set a per controller setup for RetroArch usage using the config files shown very near the end of the video:

imnew
    Participant

[quote=81899]I’ve put a basic video together of where config files are. I think you can set a per controller setup for RetroArch usage using the config files shown very near the end of the video:
    <span class=”embed-youtube” style=”text-align:center; display: block;”>[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC8k_tfvukw?version=3&rel=1&fs=1&showsearch=0&showinfo=1&iv_load_policy=1&wmode=transparent&w=618&h=378%5D</span&gt;
    [/quote]

nice one floob – pretty sure I can make use of this :)

bobbyt
    Participant

Work perfectly, thanks!\

Anonymous
    Inactive

Could you attach your nes config file? Mine isn’t working and I want the same solution.
    Thanks

bobbyt
    Participant

[quote=82547]Could you attach your nes config file? Mine isn’t working and I want the same solution.
    Thanks[/quote]

If your controls don’t work at all then you need to run through the controller configuration in ./retroarch_setup.sh first.

This will map the controls for ALL retroarch based emulators (including NES).

If you have done this and you want to CHANGE the controls in NES, this is where the following information comes into play…

I don’t have access right now, but he config lines are almost identical to what is in the default retro arch controller config (that is generated by retroarch_setup).

only difference is the config values must include _player#

for example, if your default control config has:

input_a_btn = 7
    input_b_btn = 8

If you wanted to swap these in NES you would add the following to the emulator specific config:

input_player1_a_btn = 8
    input_player1_b_btn = 7

input_player2_a_btn = 8
    input_player2_b_btn = 7

Obviously you want to make sure you base your numbers off the retroarch controller config generated by retroarch_setup.sh…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.