Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Ideas for Further Enhancements Custom image beautified

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ex0r
    Participant

So, with the help of another raspberry pi enthusiast, I was able to take my stock retropie image, flash it to an sd card, and modify the image so that the rainbow at the start of bootup goes away, the bootup text is silent, and displays the retropie splash screen, and it boots right into emulation station after the splash screen. I also made it give a silent shutdown, to make it look beautiful.

If anyone is interested in me making the image available for others to download and try out, let me know. I think it looks nice, its only got a black screen during bootup for a few seconds, same with shutdown.

royenroy
    Participant

By any chance, could you tell me how to customize the rainbowscreen at the beginning of the boot?

ex0r
    Participant

In command.txt in /boot/ you need to add disable_splash=1 and save it off, than reboot. You shouldn’t see it anymore.

it might actually be called config.txt, you’ll know which one it is when you see similar disable_* flags in it. I do know it’s in /boot/ though. Sorry, don’t have my pi near me right now to check for sure.

giorgio

It would be lovely for the community if you could share your image.
    In the meanwhile, how did you get a completely silent boot before and after the splash screen?
    Thank you in advance

nekojita
    Participant

Very insterested too, please upload your image!

ex0r

I will post the image, however right now I am going through a divorce and also a move, so I will not be able to post it for a bit.

To answer your question, I had another member on another forum who is familiar with linux and the pi help me setup a script and some of the configuration options that completely removed it. It’s been a while since it’s been done so I am not 100% certain on what exactly was done. A lot of it was mainly just in config.txt with changing and adding some new parameters.

I will post the image as soon as I am able to recover it from my desktop, which is currently in storage until the move is completed.

bobbyt
    Participant

I stumbled across the following thread on another forum which is about hiding the loading command prompts. I haven’t tried this myself…

http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=88408

brakanje
    Participant

how did you remove the boot text?
    What I meant to say is that I am trying to figure out how to do this. I read several guides that all say you loose access to the terminal which is not ideal as I want to be able to get into X to manage things and also don’t want to have errors happening blindly.

Some method that reroutes all console text to a log file would be ideal i think.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Ideas for Further Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.