Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SnoopKatt
    Participant

Hey guys,
    I just got a Raspberry Pi, and so far it’s a lot of fun. I installed that pre-made RetroPie image onto it (1.5 I believe), and so far most of the stuff works well. I have a wireless 360 controller working with everything, and I was able to load my ROMs over with no problem. However, I’ve been playing some of the apps/emulators, and they seem a bit laggy. Cave Story especially sees a lot of lag, and even NES games stutter. I’m using a 5.1V, 2A power supply and it’s at its stock clock. Any ideas?
    Thanks!

SnoopKatt
    Participant

Sorry to double post, but just an update: I tried a couple things: I increased the VRAM allocation to 256MB (which unfortunately did nothing), and I also overclocked it to 900mhz (which made things definitely better, but not perfect). Does this stuff work well for you guys on stock clocks and settings?
    Thanks!

Idris_Arslanian
    Participant

I can’t get anything to run reasonably without overclocking to at least 900mhz. If you go above that though, a heatsink and small fan would be advisable.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.