Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Console Emulators – No Display When Using DVI

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m running RetroPie (from the SD card image) with my Pi connected to a DVI display using an HDMI-to-DVI adapter. EmulationStation displays fine but I’m finding that I get no display when running any of the console emulators. (Non-console emulators such as Apple II and Doom work fine).

Everything works fine when I connect the Pi to an HDMI TV. Only DVI seems to have this problem. I hear sound but see no image. My monitor’s power LED blinks which suggests that it is getting a signal that it doesn’t like.

I’ve tried modifying the scale and resolution parameters in retroarch.cfg but they don’t appear to make a difference.

Searching on this and other forums, I’m seeing that most people have the opposite problem – DVI works but HDMI doesn’t.

Can anybody tell me what parameters I need to adjust?

Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I eventually figured it out. I needed to adjust the parameters passed to run command.sh in es_systems.cfg.

More details in this thread.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.