Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Cannot configure matching joystick and controllers not detected

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    janus
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m having serious issues when configuring a second joystick for Snes and using my BUFFALO joysticks

I have, in total, 3 pairs of different joysticks

2 original N64 joysticks connected throught a Mayflash N64 to USB adapter
    2 iBuffalo Snes joystick
    2 BUFFALO BSGP1601

Pi Model: 2 b+
    RetroPie Version Used: 3.3 (Fresh installed)
    Built From: SD Image
    USB Devices connected:
    Aside from the aforementioned joysticks, I have a keyboard, a mouse and a WiFi adapter. Everything is connected throught an active USB hub

When using the Snes/NES emulator, I can configure only snes joystick without any issues. However, when I try to configure the other one, the emulator won’t detect I’m pressing any buttom. I tried changing the joystick but only detects one kind of joystick at a time (I’d have to use a Snes controller for player 1 and a N64 for Player 2)

The funny part is I get the “not configured” yellow message for Snes controllers and the N64 controllers when the Snes emulator starts (it doesn’t matter which one). But for the BUFFALO ones, I get the “Connected in port #4 and #5” and yet, it won’t let me choose them within the settings.

I’ve also tried mapping the snes.cfg manually and I ended up controlling both players (1 and 2) with my player 1 joystick eventhough I set the input_device_p2 and input_player2_joypad_index to the result from the jstest command.

So, long story short

1) How can I configure a second matching joystick?
    2) Why I can’t use my BUFFALO controllers and how would I fix it?

If you were kind enough to read this, let me thank you for your time.

Thanks
    Janus

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.