Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Bluetooth on the Pi3 and RetroPie 3.6

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    rpi3
    Participant

Hello

Great app is RetroPie – however is the internal bluetooth supported with 3.6 and the new Pi3?
    I ask as when I go into the bluetooth settings I get a message on the log saying no bluetooth device found (as in bluetooth receiver)

Checked and bluetooth works fine in Raspbian Jessie.

Thanks.

Karoi
    Participant

[quote=118812]Hello

Great app is RetroPie – however is the internal bluetooth supported with 3.6 and the new Pi3?
    I ask as when I go into the bluetooth settings I get a message on the log saying no bluetooth device found (as in bluetooth receiver)

Checked and bluetooth works fine in Raspbian Jessie.

Thanks.

[/quote]

I think it’s because the RetroPie 3.6 image hasn’t been fully updated yet. I think when it will be released it will work fine. I want to use my PS4 controller via BT on the RPi 3.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

for the 3.6 image I only updated the firmware/kernel so it boots on the rpi3- it may lack a package or something – as soon as my rpi3 i setup I will be able to look into it.

mrmusli
    Participant

[quote=118842]for the 3.6 image I only updated the firmware/kernel so it boots on the rpi3- it may lack a package or something – as soon as my rpi3 i setup I will be able to look into it.

[/quote]

Awesome job getting Pi3 support so quickly. It’s already working pretty well, can’t wait for the next updates!

petrockblog
    Keymaster

to get bluetooth running:

sudo apt-get install pi-bluetooth

rpi3
    Participant

Thanks mate, bluetooth keyboard, mouse and PS4 controller all working fine now.

[quote=118867]to get bluetooth running:

[/quote]

Karoi
    Participant

[quote=118867]to get bluetooth running:

[/quote]

Thanks! For some reason my PS3 controller isn’t working? Maybe I have more luck using BT.

fran008
    Participant

I have installed pi-bluetooth and my PS3 controller works well, but every time I reboot my Pi I have to pair again the controller using USB cable. Is there any solution to this problem? Thanks.

Note: this post is related to the same question

Rpi3 and Ps3 controller how to

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.