Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Best supported controller

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

After playing with my new Raspberry Pi 3 and Retro Pie, my son wants to buy this device, too.

Would like to ask if there is one best supported controller…
    Thanks…

Floob

The iBuffalo USB controller is very popular. And the 8bitdo range are very good as well.

Anonymous
    Inactive

And,retro pie recognizes this controllers automatically?

Floob

When Emulation Station starts you will be prompted to press the buttons on your controller so RetroPie can write the configuration file for you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The iBuffalo USB controllers have worked great for me thus far (I am pretty new to RetroPie and Raspberry Pie) and I have not had any issues with them up to this point. Also good price range which was a plus.

meneerjansen
    Participant

Depends on the games you want to play. Some reproduction classic controllers (w/ an USB plug) do not have all the buttons you’d like to have on, for instance, the Playstation 1. But the one Apocolips18 probably refers to (the iBuffalo repro USB SNES controller) is very nice. But any USB PC controller should do.

labelwhore
    Participant

Because of it’s ability to utilize nearly an unlimited number of keyboard, mouse and controller mappings, the xbox 360 controller is hands down the most compatible controller.

Yes, other controllers can use xboxdrv. But if you’re using, for example, an snes-like controller, you’re going to be missing a lot of functionality simply due to having less buttons.

xd3l
    Participant

This shipped for under $3.00 (been using them for years, they are solid)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Ports-PS2-to-PC-USB-Game-Controller-Converter-Adapter-Adaptor-New-/131741244812?hash=item1eac63dd8c:g:PB0AAOSwYlJW1tcb

Along with PS1 or PS 2 dual analog controllers.

Configure intially with analogs turned on, and you are set.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.