Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    electromaster64
    Participant

I ran a binaries update hoping to have the Atari Lynx added but no luck. How do I update my Pi to get the newer emulators? I am running the 2.3 image and do not want to loose all the setup files I have edited and saved.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

sounds like you didn’t update the retropie-setup script first ? But you need to give more information than “no luck” – what didn’t work, was there any errors displayed, what was logged (logfiles compressed in ~/RetroPie-Setup/logs folder)

electromaster64
    Participant

I did not update the setup script. I was afraid I would loose information if I did that. So do that then update binaries? And by no luck all I did was look in the rom folder to see if there was an Atari Lynx folder added and there was not.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

well, there is no longer an “update binaries” function. you can update individual emulators though, or do a new binary install (which could wipe some settings, so good to backup first).

electromaster64
    Participant

Ok I will try updating the individual emulators after updating setup script. What is the best way to backup everything?

labelwhore
    Participant

I’ve been just creating an image of my SD card as a backup.

electromaster64
    Participant

So take the SD card out of the Pi put it in my computer and copy a image of it? Is there a particular program I should use to do that? I didnt think anything on Windows would even recognize the SD card as its a different OS, so this is cool!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.