Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Anyone use retroachievements.org for game achievements?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    dcescott
    Participant

Someone posted the link and code on a facebook group for retropie. I have never heard of this and it looks fairly new looking in the forums. On facebook, I was given this code to link up your games to record your achievements

http://retroachievements.org/

Use these settings in /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

cheevos_username = yourusername
    cheevos_password = yourpassword
    cheevos_enable = true

From what I gathered, other emulators can be used as well.

Thoughts on this?

Omnija
    Participant

Recently heard about it as well, but didn’t look into it much.

grenade44
    Participant

Hi, just tried this out out with a SNES game on my retropie and the game registers and achievements unlock. I hope this means we might be able to get this working for other consoles and gets packaged in with ES and retropie in the future.

dcescott
    Participant

That’s cool. I am waiting on the NES achievements. I would be better if they would do PC Engine, however that might be too obscure.

labelwhore
    Participant

It would be amazing if we could somehow display the achievement info from that site within ES.

robertybob
    Participant

[quote=113162]I am waiting on the NES achievements.

[/quote]

There are NES achievements, are they not working for you?

dcescott
    Participant

Sounds lazy, but I haven’t added the code yet. I’ve been having some fun with the PSP emulator lately :)

grenade44
    Participant

To get NES achievements to work you need to install quicknes and use that instead.

breakpack75
    Participant

I haven’t been able to get this to work. I am using image 3.5 and changed the retroarch.cfg file with my name and password but when I load a game, I get “Missing Retro Achievements account information” and “Error Loading Achievements” What am I missing?

zerojay
    Participant

It worked for me quite well so far with SNES games. My only issue is that there’s no switch to enable hardcore mode (disables the use of savestates and other cheats) so even though I’m not using savestates, I just get the regular achievement and not the hardcore version. :/

zerojay
    Participant

And there is no quicknes core for retropie at this point.

robertybob
    Participant

[quote=117139]And there is no quicknes core for retropie at this point.

[/quote]

How-To: Change libretro emulator cores in RetroPie (Emulationstation)

Not sure why it isn’t bundled with RetroPie (waiting for a mod to say why) but it is possible to install it yourself ! ;)

zerojay
    Participant

I’ll give it a shot. If it works and the achievements work as well, I’ll submit a bug/pull request for it.

zerojay
    Participant

The instructions had a lot of issues but I was able to get the core working as well as earn achievements. I’ll submit a pull request to the repo soon.

herbfargus

I find it annoying when people go to all the work to get something working on retropie and even blog about it but never think to add it to the source code. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and either attribute it to oversight or inexperience. Perhaps I need to do a better job on documentation of the scriptmodules.

Thanks for being proactive zerojay. It’s appreciated.

As an aside now that there is some support for x86, we’ll probably be adding the other libretrocores that we don’t currently have in the script in the future and use platform flags to restrict which systems they are installed on pending their performance.

zerojay
    Participant

Pull request: https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/pull/1270

And it’s now integrated into RetroPie-Setup. Update the script and then you can build it from the experimental menu. Let us know how it goes for you.

We’re looking into building a dialog box to allow you to set your username/pass and enable/disable achievements in the RetroPie-Setup menu. Hopefully we’ll have something soonish.

JustinAiken
    Participant

Just adding those three lines to the retroarch.cfg has SNES achievements working for me, yay!

KissiKi
    Participant

Hi all!

Emulator QuickNESS easy to install from the menu of unstable functions. Remains only to specify it as the core when you first start any NES game (press A the button while the menu is displayed). Achievements works fine.

I have another problem: Super Mario World 2 (USA) for SNES in my profile at retroachivements.org recognized as Driver 2 Advance (Gameboy Advance). When you run the European version the screen displays a message: In this game there is no Achievement.

zerojay
    Participant

No idea. You’ll have to ask the guys at RetroAchievements.

darquegk
    Participant

Can’t wait to see this come to fruition, as I’ve just bought some of my friends Raspberry Pi for the holidays and given them copies of my library to share.

robertybob
    Participant

Lr-picodrive now supports Sega Megadrive achievements (you’ll need to install from source)
    https://github.com/libretro/picodrive/commit/c3e69f81d86410bce18d0335d2c879bda71285db

lr-fceumm (NES) has also just received support for achievements
    https://github.com/libretro/libretro-fceumm/commit/613698e7944baf707f69981b398f7f698b5cb94d

dankcushions
    Participant

[quote=117138]It worked for me quite well so far with SNES games. My only issue is that there’s no switch to enable hardcore mode (disables the use of savestates and other cheats) so even though I’m not using savestates, I just get the regular achievement and not the hardcore version. :/

[/quote]
    just added to retraorch. see https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/pull/2790

zerojay
    Participant

Nice. Now to re-earn all the ones I already have. Oh well. Thanks for the heads up guys.

robertybob
    Participant

God I wish it was possible to earn Game Boy/Color achievements :(

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.