Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Always asking to set contoller buttons

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    vercetty92
    Participant

Hi,

my retropie is working fine except one thing:

At boot, it always say “no gamedpad detected”, and I need to press a button on my PS3 joystick then set the following button up, down, right, left, A, B, start, select, R1, L1.

I use PS3 joystick in bluetooth, and it’s working fine in any emulator.

I used ./retroarch-joyconfig -j 0 >> /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg to configure my joystick.

I noticed the retroarch.cfg have changed after I set “auto_save_config = true” (normal)

I start the ps3 joystick before starting the PI, so I don’t think the PI take too much time to detect the joystick.

I remember that during a test about exit button, when I performed a reboot, the joystick was automatically recognize, but only one time (I agree that make no sense…)

Thx for you help

Floob

It sounds like you are talking about the EmulationStation GUI saying ‘No Gamepad’
    (Retroarch related files wont affect emulationstation)

This is saved here:
    /home/pi/.emulationstation/es_input.cfg

If there is a permission issue on that folder/file it may cause it to always ask for new settings.

vercetty92
    Participant

Hi and thx for your answer.

The folder /home/pi/.emulationstation/ and all the files inside own to pi:pi.

content of es_input.cfg :

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <inputList>
            <inputConfig type="joystick" deviceName="Sony PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller" deviceGUID="030000004c0500006802000011010000">
                    <input name="a" type="button" id="14" value="1" />
                    <input name="b" type="button" id="13" value="1" />
                    <input name="down" type="button" id="6" value="1" />
                    <input name="left" type="button" id="7" value="1" />
                    <input name="pagedown" type="button" id="11" value="1" />
                    <input name="pageup" type="button" id="10" value="1" />
                    <input name="right" type="button" id="5" value="1" />
                    <input name="select" type="button" id="0" value="1" />
                    <input name="start" type="button" id="3" value="1" />
                    <input name="up" type="button" id="4" value="1" />
            </inputConfig>
            <inputConfig type="joystick" deviceName="PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller (00:1B:FB:78:CD:70)" deviceGUID="060000004c0500006802000000010000">
                    <input name="a" type="button" id="14" value="1" />
                    <input name="b" type="button" id="13" value="1" />
                    <input name="down" type="button" id="6" value="1" />
                    <input name="left" type="button" id="7" value="1" />
                    <input name="pagedown" type="button" id="11" value="1" />
                    <input name="pageup" type="button" id="10" value="1" />
                    <input name="right" type="button" id="5" value="1" />
                    <input name="select" type="button" id="0" value="1" />
                    <input name="start" type="button" id="3" value="1" />
                    <input name="up" type="button" id="4" value="1" />
            </inputConfig>
    </inputList>

I tested with only one Joypad but it’s the same…

Thx

Floob

Maybe EmulationStation keeps detecting a new deviceGUID?

<inputConfig type=”joystick” deviceName=”PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller (00:1B:FB:78:CD:70)” deviceGUID=”060000004c0500006802000000010000″>

Does it work if you use it wired?

If you configure it again, does the datestamp on that file es_input.cfg get updated?

darkstar614
    Participant

Ok I have searched for a few days, and read every post and I still cannot figure this out. when I run retropie_setup.sh, and select SETUP, instead of finding the joypad (I have a logitec rumblepad 2), it finds nothing and says (and I quote) “The configuration file has been saved as .cfg and will be used by RetroArch from now on whenever that controller is connected”

I can get it to work if I configure it each time for each game, but that is a pain. what am I doing wrong?

dudleydes
    Participant

For the PS3 controller, you can try the fix at the following post:
    https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/controller-mapping-issue-es/#post-82880

Floob

[quote=83942]Ok I have searched for a few days, and read every post and I still cannot figure this out. when I run retropie_setup.sh, and select SETUP, instead of finding the joypad (I have a logitec rumblepad 2), it finds nothing and says (and I quote) “The configuration file has been saved as .cfg and will be used by RetroArch from now on whenever that controller is connected”

I can get it to work if I configure it each time for each game, but that is a pain. what am I doing wrong?
    [/quote]

That sounds like this error here:

Error with RetroPie Setup scripts

vercetty92
    Participant

SOLVED!

The solution was ont he psot proposed by dudleydes:

Controller mapping issue (ES)

I just added “sleep 7” (sleep 5 was not enough in /usr/bin/emulationstation

Thx a lot all, and Merry Christmas

darkstar614
    Participant

yeah, it looks like they have moved files and directories but not reflected the moves in the configs (?) why they did that is beyond me. a lot of the emulators don’t work because of this too. my problem is that I trusted they put things where they are supposed to go. thanks for the replies!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.