Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi
    Dowse retropi work with orangepi or odroid xu4? The hardware of the 2 bords is much powerful the raspberry pi

labelwhore
    Participant

Looks like they could work. They both seem to have ARM7 processors. I’d be interested to see your results if you go with one of these, especially the odriod. That thing looks nice!

herbfargus

I have an odroid C1+ and it sorta works but its a bit hacky at some points, definitely lacks the community support the raspberry pi has.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Raspberry pi 2 is slow on games emulated by mame like mk2. I am looking for the perfect hardware and the xu4 seems to have the cpu power to run everything smooth. However i am not willing to throw out the windows 80$ if i am not sure it works.

herbfargus

You will run into problems on any hardware that isn’t a raspberry pi. The only hardware retropie is stable on is the raspberry pi and even then we are still working on things. Though there is also some support for x86 which means if you have an old laptop laying around with Linux on it you can install it on there as well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.