Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I wanna be excited about playing these consoles, but I’m at the point where I’m convinced the Raspberry Pi 2 isn’t good enough. I love the simplicity and freedom of the Retropie operating system, but let’s be honest: if we wanna be playing these new emulators as the production of Retropie advances, we’re gonna need other (more preferable) hardware options to run these new “out of experimental” consoles. Can the dev team provide recommendations for other hardware that’ll play the consoles without hitches? Thanks!

gizmo98
    Participant

A Intel Nuc with Debian could be a good base for a faster RetroPie distribution. Good driver support + mainline distribution. But a Nuc is much more expensive and there is no debian x86 support atm.

herbfargus

Best bet is probably just to use a pc for those.

Omnija
    Participant

mupen64plus is very playable with recalbox for some reason(not sure why on recalbox but not retropie). PPSSPP i would suggest pc or android, and reicast i have no comment on since i was unable to test it on neither.

labelwhore
    Participant

Reicast is very playable, but not every game will work.

gizmo98
    Participant

@Omnija
    Recalbox uses GLideN64 with a low resolution. You can do the same if you open launch menu with key x or m and select the right video plugin and resolution.

Omnija
    Participant

Ill give it a shot again.

Edit: nope even adjusting everything to as minimal as possible for some reason recalbox’s n64 works better.

herbfargus
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.