Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

I am facing some problem using a 3rd party PS3 controller with fba-libretro

Pi Model: 2B
    Version Used: 3.0 Beta 2 RetroPie SD-Card Images
    Controller used: 3rd Party PS3 controller from Gasia
    sixad used: https://github.com/supertypo/qtsixa.git

No problem using the controller in EmulationStation.
    Registered the controller as RetroArch Controller.

However, when I launched fba-libretro, none of the buttons is working.
    The controller is working in PiFBA though.

Having said that, it was previously working fine in fba-libretro from RetroPie 2.6.

What am I missing here? Appreciate any advise. Thank you.

labelwhore
    Participant

This stumped me last weekend on a pi I put together for a friend. I just could not get the controls to work in fba-liberto at all. I set him up for an xbox 360 controller, on a B+. I gave up and used PiFBA because he was flying back out of state that day.

octogenarian
    Participant

Just to say I am having the same issue. I have a ps3-like controller that is registered for Retroarch and works perfectly with the exception of lr-fba. Just posted in the controller forum looking for a fix.

darkblaster77
    Participant

Just noticed that when I am running fba-libretro in v2.6, there is a yellow text at the start of game.
    However, it’s not displayed for v3.0.
    Does it mean that my controller is not detected?

It’s working fine in Emulation Station and other emulators though. And I have registered the controller as RetroArch controller.

Any clue on what I am missing here?

Floob

Are you sure its the libretro emulator running? I think pifba is the default in RetroPie 3 for FBA.
    Confirm it by pressing x as you start the rom.

labelwhore
    Participant

I’m absolutely certain it was lr-fba, as I had to make sure I had the correct rom set for the emulator on a Pi 1. Once I switched to PiFBA, everything worked perfectly.

Floob

Presumably you had to change the roms for PiFBA as it uses a different set?
    You were running RetroPie 3 on a Pi1, and put the lr-fba roms in the /fba dir?

That should be fine.
    If your controller works for other libretro emulators, the lr-fba shouldnt be an issue assuming you havent tweaked its local retroarch.cfg

labelwhore
    Participant

[quote=97326]the lr-fba shouldnt be an issue assuming you havent tweaked its local retroarch.cfg[/quote]
    And this is exactly why it was surprising that it didn’t work. I was going for the fastest way from start to finish, so naturally, the retroarch emulators were preferred. Given my time constraints, I didn’t want to have to edit any configs.

…and yeah, I think I ended up having to build him a fresh set because the set I use on my Pi 2 wouldn’t work for him. I’m using lr-fba just fine on my own Pi.

In terms of where I put the roms, I use my own folder structure that was slightly customized and copied over from 2.6, of course in doing so I need to make minor changes to es_systems.cfg. I separate out the FBA roms from CPS roms, for no other reason than I like seeing the Capcom logo in ES, and I use the NeoGeo logo instead of the FBA one. This has never been an issue before.

darkblaster77
    Participant

[quote=97321]Are you sure its the libretro emulator running? I think pifba is the default in RetroPie 3 for FBA.
    Confirm it by pressing x as you start the rom.

[/quote]

Yes. I did and confirmed that I am running libretro as default.

Do you manage to run libretro without any problem?

Floob

Is there any way you could try a different controller to narrow down where the issue is?

darkblaster77
    Participant

[quote=97419]Is there any way you could try a different controller to narrow down where the issue is?

[/quote]

Just tested with a Qanba Q1 fightstick.
    Same as what I faced when using the PS3 controller, the stick is working
    in emulationstation. However, it is not detected in libretro.

On another hand, I have no problem using the stick with libretro in v2.6

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.