Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    cyborguk
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve just upgraded to Retropie 3.4 as I want to try Kodi. It seems it’s using the latest version of Kodi (15.2), how can I get the Kodi out of the ports section and onto the front window like the rest of the emulators as it deserves to be there?

Thanks

labelwhore
    Participant

copy one of the section in es_systems.cfg to use for kodi. You’ll need .sh .SH for the extensions.

Create a kodi rom folder, then inside that folder you could copy the kodi launch script from where it’s at now to the new kodi rom folder. I think the script is currently sitting in the ports rom folder.

From there kodi will show up, but you might need a theme. you can simply copy one of the theme folders for another system and modify it, but I think most themes now may come with a kodi theme already.

herbfargus
    cyborguk
    Participant

Let me try this guys thanks.

cyborguk
    Participant

herbfargus – link worked very well thanks.

g0nz0uk
    Participant

Out of interest does Kodi run better through Openelec or Retropie as it’s experimental, or does it make no difference?

herbfargus

Runs fine for me but I don’t do much with it. Openelec is built for kodi so it will likely be more stable and have more functions than the retropie build.

mjt85nc
    Participant

How do you change the setting so that kodi is on main screen. I tried what was in the link but I’m not sure I did it right it still shows up in ports

herbfargus

I find it easiest to use winscp or putty. You need to enable the root password first though

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/FAQ#why-cant-i-ssh-as-root-anymore

Then log in as user root and with the new password you just set up

The navigate to /home/pi/RetroPie-Setup/scriptmodules/ports/kodi.sh

And copy over the contents of

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/KODI#kodi-152-on-raspbian-jessie-as-its-own-system-instead-of-in-ports

And save your changes and then you can access the retropie setup script and reinstall kodi from the experimental menu.

Or if you don’t want to reinstall you can drop into the terminal with f4 and the type cd RetroPie-Setup and sudo ./retropie_packages.sh kodi configure and it should place kodi as its own system.

mjt85nc
    Participant

Ok I will try that. What I did was completely different and obviously wrong. I went into the file manager in retropie and manually changed it. Thanks hopefully I can figure it out

herbfargus

The file manager is another option to but as you saw it can be prone to error. Most people are familiar with a windows based editing system and the terminal can be a bit daunting sometimes so winscp is a happy medium.

mjt85nc
    Participant

Thanks it worked great

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.