Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    newbee12345
    Participant

Hi, I recently updated to 3.0, and I’ve tried to change the emulator for a ROM (LOZ: Ocarina of Time) to Mupen64plus, and 64rice, but they both come back with UI error code “Failed to open ROM”. Any thing I’m overlooking?

Thanks!

herbfargus

did you update the setup script and do a binary install on mupen64 plus? there was a bug with 3.0. also try and unzip the rom if it is zipped.

newbee12345
    Participant

So, I updated the RetroPie-Setup Script, and did a binary based installation. Do I need to add in the n64 BIOS for these emulators? Lr-Mupen64plus works, but the other two yield core error: Invalid ROM image, and UI console error: Unable to open ROM file. Currently trying unzipping.

*Edit* I tried Unzipping the files to get a .N64 file type, rather than a .zip, and am still having the same issue

herbfargus

you could try a full binary installation if the individual installation didn’t work.. other than that I’m at as much of a loss as you are at this point.

seems others had the same issue on this thread

mupen64 video plug ins

robofruit
    Participant

Binary install fixed issues for me following advice from Buzz. Smash Bros still slow though, shame.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.