Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Video Output on RetroPie mupen64 video plug ins

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    drphelps87
    Participant

I am trying to change my video plugin on mupen64 from the gles2n64 to the rice video Linux plug in, but I am unsure what to type in to make the change. any help would be appreciated

herbfargus

Which version of retropie are you using? If you do a full binary update or better yet start fresh with a 3.0 SD image you’ll be able to select which plugin you want at the beginning when you open up a game by pressing x or m. Then you can just change the default emulator to mupen64plus rice.

max0r
    Participant

Today I installed a fresh RetroPie 3.0. When pressing ‘x’ at rom loading and selecting a different default emulator, I get:
    ‘Error: Specified Video Plugin not found: ‘mupen64plus-video-n64.so’
    Same with ‘mupen64plus-video-rice.so’
    Only ‘lr-mupen64plus’ works, but with many graphic glitches (e.g. in Mario Kart)

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Looks like when I built the binaries something went wrong. Will fix and get back to you.

robofruit
    Participant

I downloaded and installed at 14:00 today GMT and I can’t for the life of me find the N64 ROM folder. Am I missing something?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

if you do a new binary install of mupen64plus now it should be working again.

robofruit
    Participant

I did this today and I am so chuffed, thanks buzz. For info max0r I used the gles2n64 emulator with defualt screen size and Mario Kart works like a dream, no sound pops or glitches. I now have an N64 again, even got my pi inside one with USB ports wired to the front where the old N64 ones were. Loving it.

robofruit
    Participant

Oh and make sure they are extracted and not in zip file format.

max0r
    Participant

Thanks for letting me know. I’ll try and report.

drphelps87
    Participant

I used the following link to change to the rice video plugin manually, however it does not perform as well as the other plugin, so I reverted back.
    https://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/issues/attachmentText?id=433&aid=4330002001&name=mupen64plus.cfg&token=40e6269250310cd39245a2e317e6a1cb

@robofruit
    does your Mario kart work good with multiplayer?

max0r
    Participant

I did a new binary install of mupen64plus with the RetroPie-Setup-Script and now I can change the default emulator with pressing ‘x’ at rom startup. Mario Kart indeed works very good with ‘mupen64plus-gles2n64’. But some other roms like Bomberman 64 or Zelda – OoT won’t start with gles2n64. They start with ‘lr-mupen64plus’ but with similar texture glitches as in Mario Kart.
    With ‘mupen64plus-gles2rice’ all roms I tried start and run good and fast. But now the screen size is only about 1/4 and in the bottom left corner. Changing the output resolution with ‘x’ at rom startup doesn’t change anything.

Solutions for me:
    1. All roms would start with ‘mupen64plus-gles2n64’
    2. Using the full screen with ‘mupen64plus-gles2rice’

Other question: Using ‘lr-mupen64plus’ I can quit the emulator with pressing ‘Start’+’Select’ on my PS3 controller. All other emulators can only be closed with pressing ‘esc’. I would like to use my RetroPie station without a keyboard, so, is there a possibility to quit any emulator only using the controller?

@drphelps87
    Yes, Mario Kart 64 multiplayer works very good with gles2n64 on a Raspberry Pi 2. But I only tried with 2 players.

robofruit
    Participant

@max0r if you add the following to the emulators retroarch.cfg file under /opt/emulators/configs/’emulator’ it will allow exit with start and select …

input_enable_hotkey_btn = “8”
    input_exit_emulator_btn = “9”

Where 8 was my joypads select button and 9 my start button.

max0r
    Participant

@robofruit I think you mean /opt/retropie/configs/’emulator’
    This works for all emulators running with retroarch. But when pressing ‘x’ at n64 rom startup and selecting ‘mupen64plus-gles2n64’ it doesn’t start with retroarch. Does it work anyway? Simply adding your lines to ‘/opt/retropie/configs/n64/retroarch.cfg’ doesn’t work for ‘mupen64plus-gles2n64’.

robofruit
    Participant

@max0r yes that’s what I meant. Ah I see what you mean, I haven’t tried the N64 emu with that setting only SNES and NES which use retroarch. As I understand it mupen64 uses its own auto config so probably ignores the retroarch settings. May be worth you starting a new thread as may get lost in this one.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Video Output on RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.