Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project 2 controllers, one input -Why is this happening?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ckarini
    Participant

Hey,

I’ve got 2 controllers being detected by path, with the hub and port numbers. These are in my rc.local file

xboxdrv --type xbox360 --device-by-path 001:006 --trigger-as-button --id 1 --led 2 --deadzone 4000 --silent &
    sleep 1

xboxdrv --type xbox360 --device-by-path 001:008 --trigger-as-button --id 2 --led 3 --deadzone 4000 --silent &
    sleep 1 

Now, after boot up, the rc.local file shows the correct output with 2 controllers, but they both say “controller available at /dev/input/js0, /dev/input/event2” And once I’m using RetroArch, they overlap, and really only one can be used. They both control one player.

What am I doing wrong here? I had this problem before I listed them by their path.

ckarini
    Participant

I still need help with this, If any one has any insight at all, I’d be very grateful.

prusr
    Participant

Hey, I have no help for you. But I had kind of the opposite problem. One controller was controlling both player1 and player2 on mine at one point. Weird. I’m struggling with getting controllers to work right, but not having much luck.

ckarini
    Participant

Thanks for replying! I may be on the right track, although I haven’t tested it with Emulationstation yet. Adding –detach-kernel-driver before the –silent option seemed to allow two different /dev/inputs for me. Maybe give that one a shot?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Prusr: I had a similar problem when setting up my Retropie. If you have multiple controllers, the problem lies in that when you copied the controller configuration from controller 1 over to controller 2, you may have changed everything from Player1 to Player2 but at the top of that configuration it says something like “input_player1_joypad_index = 0″. For player 2, you need to change it to input_player2_joypad_index = 1”. I changed the player1 to player2 but forgot to change that and had the same problem. Change the joypad_index and everything works fine.

@ckarini
    : did you try to follow the same steps for adding the controllers that are posted here? I did that and everything worked fine. The only problem I had was on getting my controller config to work after using the utility. The problem was I needed to direct the output to my proper retroarch.cfg file. Can’t remember the command off the top of my head but was something like “retroarch-joyconfig >> /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg”. That got my controllers working properly. As for what’s in rc.local, I used the string that was posted here by petrockblock.

Anonymous
    Inactive

For completeness sake, here is what he instructs to put in rc.local:

xboxdrv --trigger-as-button --wid 0 --led 2 --deadzone 4000 --silent &
    sleep 1
    xboxdrv --trigger-as-button --wid 1 --led 3 --deadzone 4000 --silent &
    sleep 1
    xboxdrv --trigger-as-button --wid 2 --led 4 --deadzone 4000 --silent &
    sleep 1
    xboxdrv --trigger-as-button --wid 3 --led 5 --deadzone 4000 --silent &

If you only use two controllers, delete the last 2 controllers.

Here is the full steps:
    https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Setting-up-the-XBox360-controller

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.