Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Ideas for Further Enhancements Mupen64plus (ricrpi branch) Reply To: Mupen64plus (ricrpi branch)

ransomthetoaster
Participant

Just wanted to say that I have had much better results with almost every N64 game on the old retropie 2.6 build than the 3.0b2. Lots of games like Mario64 and StarFox64 the core automatically fails to open on 3.0b2 regardless of settings. The only exception is DonkeyKong 64 which crashes on 2.6 but not 3.0b2 regardless of video plugin and settings(tried all permutations). Only thing I haven’t tried yet is experimental Rice.

I was able to get MarioKart64 and Banjo-Kazooie running pretty flawlessly with Rice on both 2.6 and 3.0b2 builds if you guys want my config and OC settings. Better than settings on gizmo98’s RiceVideoLinux.INI I tried.

Also, does anyone know why loading multiples of the same character on SmashBros kills the framerate? Two of the same is choppy but team Yoshi(18) is about 5FPS and speeds up proportional to the Yoshis I kill. Its kindof funny.