einbrecher
Participant
Post count: 7

After some more tinkering I’ve managed to get it to work.

I went back to the guide at https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Setting-up-the-XBox360-controller and instead of doing Method 1 (like I did previously), I went the Method 3 ‘daemon’ route.

I did run into a few issues with Method 3 that I managed to fix (and will post these in another thread I saw with the same issues)

– Make sure you’ve got the right end-of-line characters in the files. I had copied the scripts into notepad++ on windows and transferred it via thumb drive to the RaspberryPi. Nano didn’t show anything amiss in the file, but when I opened it in vi, I could see them. Clearing them out seemed to get me over the last hump to get the daemon service running

– Blacklist the xpad service (don’t have to remove it). Add “blacklist xpad” to the file /etc/modprobe.d/raspi-blacklist.conf

– I ran into something saying that xboxdrv needed root permissions for some things, meaning you needed your user to be in the root group (which is a bit of a security risk, usually), however I’ve since removed myself from the root group and things still run fine.

– I also did not have to use the dwc_otg.speed=1 fix (I tried it once, but it stopped my keyboard from working and I had to start over from scratch)

– I’ve kept my keyboard plugged in the whole time and didn’t notice anything weird about the indexing