Forum Replies Created
- snoddadParticipant08/05/2014 at 03:34Post count: 6
Since I can’t edit the original post I figure I will give a update.
– I have The Ultimate Doom, Doom2, Final Doom, and Master Levels for Doom2 working and running using prboom instead of using the default. The reason behind this is for multipule reasons.
1. Game Music will run with out having to add the sound files manually.
2. Master Levels will not run without Doom2.wad included, RetroArch has no way of adding more than one wad file.
3. Also looks nicer when running.
With that said I edited the es_systems.cfg to make a custom page for each one and the run command for Doom, Doom2, Final Doom is: prboom -iwad %ROM%
Master levels is: prboom -iwad “Location of doom2” -file %ROM%
– Alone in the Dark is now running on Rpix86 with the abandon ware version. Sounds are weird and not like the Disk version. The issue with the disk version is that mounting the CD puts no Volume label on the drive and Alone in the Dark looks for a disk named INFOGRAM. For now this is fine for me.
– Quake 3 is running with the instructions from HERE edited es_systems.cfg to add custom page.
-ScummVM currently has all of my beloved childhood games like Putt Put and Pajama Sam. Works just fine and dandy.
– I added some SNES, GBA, GBC, Genesis games as well with few issues (Controls for genesis have to be edited in the .cfg file.)
– I might put some of this stuff on GDrive (No games sorry.) for the changes that I do and instructions on how to use them. I have not been keeping up on this project and have found that there is a new version that is currently being tested with. I have not touched this and all of my progress is with the old one (1.10). I will see about the new one when some issues are resolved. Thanks and have fun!snoddadParticipant08/05/2014 at 03:15Post count: 6
– I edited/created (can’t remember) the Start.sh under /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/rpix86 and added -a0 to force HDMI sound.
– From Steam I copied Base1-Base5 to /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/x86
Other than that they run fine. Let me know what issues you are still having.