Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Yet Another PS3 Bluetooth Connecting Thread

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    windale
    Participant

I didn’t know whether to add to one of the other threads or create this new one as I have slightly different configuration etc. I have a Pi 2 and RetroPie 3.5 and updated setup script at the time of this post.

I connected my knock-off PS3 controller with the USB cable and went to controller configuration just to find out what make it was detected as, it said ‘Gasia’. I selected and installed the appropriate drivers from the menu (I selected ‘Gasia only’). I then went to the pairing screen and it kept locking up and not doing anything. I tried uninstalling/re-installing drivers, resetting the pad (by pressing the little button on the back) but nothing would work. I then found in another one of the many PS3 controller threads this command line :-

sudo apt-get install pi-bluetooth

My controller now works without the USB cable. I haven’t had a good check yet but I did reset and it still pairs correctly. Other peoples threads have mainly noted that they are on Pi 3’s but this problem is still current for Pi 2 also. I hope these drivers can be included in the RetroPie setup and the bugs found and squished because i’m starting to get a list of things I have to do/download manually after installing. It just gets confusing.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.