Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project xboxdrv, emulationstation and super mario all stars

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    luigi
    Participant

This has probably been asked a thousand times, but please bear with me – I’ve been trying for two days now.

I can’t get the xboxdrv working for my wired xbox 360 controller. It either works only in emulationstation (the interface), but not during the snes emulation itself – or not at all, even. I’ve googled countless times and followed multiple guides, the most well-known being: https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Setting-up-the-XBox360-controller
    It just doesn’t work for playing snes roms.

Now, the ‘detect retroarch controller’ option works just fine.. if it wasn’t for that blinking LED light on my controller! Plus I feel my controller has some issues: pressing multiple buttons at once not always works (which make platforms hellish to play). That’s why I need xboxdrv to work.

What further complicates the issue is that I mainly bought an RP to play Super Mario All Stars, one of the best games of my childhood. Turns out this game has some exclusive controller issues as well. I managed to fix these, using this guide: http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=79083
    I replaced the keys with my own, which now enables me to play the game, but I’m still using the main controller driver, not xboxdrv. In other words: the led still bothers me + the controller doesn’t feel well-equiped to play platform games.

To summarize:
    1. Is it possible to use the xboxdrv driver to emulate snes roms? And if so, how? (And why haven’t I been able to get it to work these last two days?)
    2. If question 1 is a ‘yes’, is it possible to use xboxdrv to play super mario all stars with its controller issues? And if so, how?

Any help is very much appreciated. I really like the concept of RP and emulationstation, so it would be cool if I can get this to work properly :)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.