Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project xboxdrv and Hori RAP controller (x360), HELP needed

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jarkokoo
    Participant

Hi,

I also decided to jump in the RetroPie bandwagon (an awesome project, much thanks to anyone involved). I now have most of the things running like they should, but (there’s always the but) as my initial idea is to build kind of portable emulation-system (arcade stick + Pi), which would eventually evolved to a modular tabletop cabinet, I would naturally like my arcade/fight stick to work with Pi.

I have got the normal wired 360 controller to work just fine, also Wii Classic Pad with MayFlash adapter (which was kinda surprising), but somehow the Hori RAP VX-SA “Kai” stick is not regognized by xboxdrv, no matter what I do.

I’ve tried this (with –id and without):

xboxdrv --device-by-id 24c6:5506 --trigger-as-button --dpad-only --id 0 --led 2 --detach-kernel-driver --deadzone 4000 --silent & sleep 1

But no dice, still not recognizing. It is an official licensed 360 product, so it should work with xboxdrv. I know Windows is a whole different thing, but in Win it works right out of the box with its xbox 360 drivers, so it is definately a Xinput controller and using those drivers.

Well, long story short, here are few questions:

a) Have anyone been able to get any OFFICIAL LICENSED 360 3rd party controller to work with RetroPie? Especially an arcade stick, Hori, Mad Catz, whatever there are. If so: sharing the knowledge how you got it working would be highly appreciated.

b) If not, can anyone figure out are my xboxdrv arguments above even right? Do I miss something? Is there something that shouldn’t be there?

c) Is it possible compile xboxdrv 0.8.5 for Raspian (I’m a bit N00B here :))? And will it work? As the xboxdrv site says, that the 0.8.5 should support VX-SA out of the box (I assume “Kai” works also… or then not :P ).

Thanks in advance for any replies.

jarkokoo
    Participant

Ok, I solved this already: I just decided to jump in front of a gun and go compile the latest xboxdrv (0.8.5) and indeed the VX-SA stick is recognized out of the box as a XBOX 360 controller, like it should in the first place.

Here’s a little step-by-step guide, if someone is having the same problem:

1. I would suggest to get everything else working first, if you have the normal wired 360 controller – set that up

2. BACKUP THE IMAGE!!!

3. Scroll down for “mattc”‘s instructions for compiling the xboxdrv 0.8.5 and follow those instructions closely:
    http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=27325
    As “mattc” says: the compiling process can take up to 2h (mine took little under 1,5h with Model B Rev 2), so do not panic. The process also throws a lot of swp {b} warnings, which is apparently ok, so don’t panic on that one either. :)

4. After a boot everything should be working. If you didn’t have original 360 controller, now you have to setup the Hori stick. If you did configurate the original 360 controller in step 1., you’re ready to go! You might want to put an argument –dpad-only in your rc.local as the stick uses only d-pad inputs.

5. Might be a good idea to make a separate backup of the image at this point also.

“mattc” also mentions in the end of his great n00b friendly instructions, that he got his F310s working also with kernel update. I haven’t tried if it’s the case with Hori RAP also, because this seemed to work just fine with me. I might try that though at some point.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.