Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project XBOX360 Controller problems – GBA won't accept the retroarch.cfg

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    echdareez
    Participant

hi there,

After using my Raspberry as a multimedia center, I stumbled upon Retropie. Installed the image, added the XBOXDRV and configured my controller. And was amazed that it worked so well : congrats for making this available! Impressive!

I have one problem though :
    – my XBOX360 wireless controller is connected properly and I went through the retroarch-joyconfig tool (located on the current image [1.9.1] under /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin/ instead of the %tools% folder mentioned by some). This gave me the following retroarch.cfg under /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/ :

input_player1_joypad_index = “0”
    input_player1_b_btn = “1”
    input_player1_y_btn = “3”
    input_player1_select_btn = “8”
    input_player1_start_btn = “9”
    input_player1_up_axis = “-5”
    input_player1_down_axis = “+5”
    input_player1_left_axis = “-4”
    input_player1_right_axis = “+4”
    and so on…

But when I enter one GBA game, I can not use the start / select buttons and furthermore, my D-pad isn’t used. Instead, only the left thumb directions work. I had a further look, saw that the START and SELECT buttons should be 7 and 6 and that the D-pad is defined as “input_player1_down_btn” -> added these to the retroarch.cfg but still the same…

Any pointers? Does anyone have a retroarch.cfg that he/she can share and that’s specifically for the XBOX360 controller?

my thanks!
    /dimi

petrockblog
    Keymaster

The GBA emulator has its own configuration file. More information on that can be found at https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/The-gpSP-Emulator. Hope that helps!

echdareez
    Participant

Thanks so much! Indeed, that worked superbly! It wasn’t accepting the D-pad just now but I’ll create the config file with some bogus keys and add the right keys manually, hope it’ll be ok.

thanks again!
    /dimi

echdareez
    Participant

Ow crap… It’s a binary file… Back to the drawing board I’m afraid…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.