Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    johnes
    Participant

What version of EmulationStation is the latest retropie image using? I noticed that ES suports xbox and wii, but it seems that Retropie does not. Am I wrong?

herbfargus

2.01a is the emulationstation version but its a modified build for retropie.

And you are correct- both the Wii and Xbox may be configured for emulationstation to use but the hardware of the raspberry pi can’t support them (plus I don’t know of any working Xbox emulators as it is)

johnes
    Participant

Ah, OK. Really appreciate the feedback.

herbfargus

If you are interesting in using emulation station with more emulators that require more processing power like the n64, GameCube, Wii, etc you can get it setup on your pc. I created a video about it, I’m going to try and update it with more emulators this week or next.

johnes
    Participant

Awesome!

I had another question along the same lines. I have a PS2 game, it hovers at 2GB. When I try to play it, it tells me something about too large of a size (on a RasPi 2). Wondering what the upward limitation is…

johnes
    Participant

Actually thinking about the rpi project that used multiple pis clustered together. Wonder if anyone has tried that?

herbfargus

RPI clusters are an interesting concept. As far as my very limited understanding goes the software would have to be coded to work with such a setup- it would probably get pretty messy and require someone who knows what they are doing (which I usually don’t :p) I don’t know about 2GB limitations on games, I’ve always just played on older systems.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.