Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    bumperirl
    Participant

Hi,

I have searched everywhere for hours last night trying to find a fix.
    Info:
    Pi Model: Pi 1 B+
    RetroPie Version Used: 3.3.1 rpi1
    Built From: SD Image
    USB Devices connected: wifi dongle, bluetooth keyboard reciever
    Controller used: xbox one
    Error messages received: none
    Guide used: Multiple. None worked

So when i connect my controller turn it on and power the pi. Controller vibrates and I can see it is recognized as it shows during the boot messages (Xbox one pad connected as……..) but the light never goes solid it keeps blinking and goes off after a few seconds but is still recognized. I can run jstest and it gives me all the details of the axis but button presses do not change anything. I tried installing xboxdrv automatically and manually. It just wont recognize my controller. Controller is a wireless controller connected via usb if that helps. It is plugged into top left slot. Has anyone gotten an xbox one controller working? if so what magical powers do you posses?

Would really appreciate a hand :)

dotbomb
    Participant

Xbox one controller is not supported from what I can tell.

flourpowder
    Participant

That’s the only controller I use actually, is my xbox one controller plugged in via USB. So, it definitely works. As to the magic powers I used to install it? I’m not sure… I did the xbox 360 driver update/install, and from there the xbox one controller worked great. Maybe try plugging in another controller that does work to open the configure input and hold A on the xbox one to set it in emulation station? if you havent dont that yet.

herbfargus

support was just added. update your setup script first.

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/issues/1170

mikefletcher85
    Participant

[quote=113628]support was just added. update your setup script first.

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/issues/1170

[/quote]

I cannot seem to get my controller to work. Same issue as the OP. I grabbed the most recent copy of RetroPie SD Card image for the RPi2. I then ran apt-get update/upgrade. Then in the RetroPie setup screen i selected the Binary-Based installation. I enabled the xboxdrv daemon from the setup screen. Still nothing. I noticed that xboxdrv was still at ver 0.8.5. I found and installed the 0.8.8 but that didnt fix it either.

Could anyone explain how to get it working starting with the RPi2 SD Card image?

>lsusb: Bus 001 Device 008: ID 045e:02d1 Microsoft Corp.

herbfargus

I then ran apt-get update/upgrade

Thats different than updating the setup script

And in my former post I misspoke, rather partial support was added from a different xboxdrv repo. I don’t have the hardware to test it so I can’t verify its success rate, I’ve only perused the code.

dookeedoo
    Participant

I saw it in another post and confirmed it yesterday… the newer xboxone controllers with the headphone jack don’t properly work. I also have an older xboxone controller and it worked great.

quicksilver
    Participant

Back in november microsoft released a firmware update for the newer xboxone controllers. I wonder if rolling back the update might solve the issue. However, if you still use the controllers for your xboxone this might not be the best decision.

mikefletcher85
    Participant

[quote=116195]

I then ran apt-get update/upgrade

Thats different than updating the setup script

And in my former post I misspoke, rather partial support was added from a different xboxdrv repo. I don’t have the hardware to test it so I can’t verify its success rate, I’ve only perused the code.

[/quote]

Opps, I forgot to mention that I updated the setup script too. What repo did you get the xboxdrv from?

[quote=116200]I saw it in another post and confirmed it yesterday… the newer xboxone controllers with the headphone jack don’t properly work. I also have an older xboxone controller and it worked great.
    [/quote]

I have an older Xbox One controller (apparently it referred to as model 1537)

[quote=116201]Back in november microsoft released a firmware update for the newer xboxone controllers. I wonder if rolling back the update might solve the issue. However, if you still use the controllers for your xboxone this might not be the best decision.
    [/quote]

I did recently update the controller. I have 2 of them and rarely play my xbox one anymore so I can dedicate one to the RetroPie. Any idea how to roll it back?

dookeedoo
    Participant

Sorry, I’m pretty new to this and can’t remember exactly how I updated it. I followed a video on youtube. I thought it was a combination of entering a command line to get the driver and then enabling it in one of the setup screens. Sorry…I’m probably not being much help. Let me know if you can point me in the direction of something that can help you.

quicksilver
    Participant

Back in november microsoft released a firmware update for the newer xboxone controllers. I wonder if rolling back the update might solve the issue. However, if you still use the controllers for your xboxone this might not be the best decision.

I did recently update the controller. I have 2 of them and rarely play my xbox one anymore so I can dedicate one to the RetroPie. Any idea how to roll it back?

[/quote]

I searched a little bit on google but was unable to find a way to rollback the controller update. Assuming that the original xboxone controller works, your best bet may be to find someone that has one and trade controllers with them.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.