Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Xbox gamepad stopped working correctly after update to 3.3

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    firfurcio
    Participant

I just updated to RetroPie 3.3 from version 3.2.1 (through script update, then binary update from RetroPie-Setup), and after I rebooted, my Xbox 360 gamepad stopped working correctly. I can still use most of the buttons, but the triggers (LT and RT) won’t work anymore and will do weird things when I try to config input. The four lights around the Guide button won’t stop blinking, either.

I tried to reinstall the Xbox drivers through RetroPie-Setup, but that didn’t do the trick.

Does anyone know how to fix this? :(

petrockblog
    Keymaster

please update retropie-setup again, then disable and re-enable xboxdrv (will remove and recreate the launch configuration).

firfurcio
    Participant

Thank you very much for the response, Buzz! :)

How do I disable/re-enable xboxdrv? Will “sudo apt-get remove xboxdrv” then reinstalling do the trick, or do I need to do something else? I… I’m kind of a newbie, here. ._.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

are you the same user with a thread open regarding this on reddit – because I don’t want to be responding to the same person in two places.

firfurcio
    Participant

Oh, you are the same guy who answered on Reddit? Haha, sorry about that. :)

reedy212
    Participant

LINK TO REDDIT POST

In case anyone wanders here with the same issue.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.